• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ACP+ Preamp/HPA for Yarra Preamp

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Jwjarch,
Have you checked the Pass ACP+ thread - there is probably guidance there as to what can be subsituted. My guess is that it is not critical and the 80% is closer to 130% than 320%. I would go with 80%. Good to see you are building again.
I was just listening to my ACP+ last night and used it to listen to a MC phono preamp output stage. A fine sounding headphone amp. I even used a motorized volume pot.

1646690285142.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestion X. The Pass PCB uses the good old 4N35, which has a CTR of 50%. 80% seems to be well within the ballpark.

Glad to see you still have the ACP+ in rotation. My Yarra will be exclusively a pre-amp. I just got a pair of Singing Bush mono-blocks up and running (Thanks to Zen Mod). So time to upgrade the old pre-amp. It's great to be building again.