Acoustat Answer Man is here

If anyone is looking for a full set of Medallion Transformers, I came across this smokin' deal on eBay. If all you get from this set is the transformers themselves, it's still a great deal (I am not connected with the seller).

Pair Acoustat MK-121-2A Interface Units, Medallion Transformers, Original Boxes. | eBay

I saw those when he first posted them. Andy, what was the difference between the RED and BLUE placards on the back? I remember that we dealers could do one of them, (think it was putting in a 'slider" type resistor for the high frequency? Which one was which?

Thank you sir!

I saw those when he first posted them. Andy, what was the difference between the RED and BLUE placards on the back? I remember that we dealers could do one of them, (think it was putting in a 'slider" type resistor for the high frequency? Which one was which?

Thank you sir!

A BLUE medallion label indicates the original Medallion transformers. This was an expensive modification. A RED label indicates Medallion transformers plus the C-Mod. The C-Mod was relatively inexpensive and is easy to do after-the-fact using commonly available parts. The C-Mod can also be done to non-Medallion interfaces with the same positive results. This eBay offering is of interest because it could be a way to get the Medallion transformers at a reasonable cost, which are otherwise unavailable at any price, to the best of my knowledge.

BTW, the type of variable resistor will depend on the vintage of the interface.

Dear AA
Long time, many cancer treatments, but we finally checked questionable interface and found LF transformer had only half output of good one. Assume I need another one. Any ideas on where to secure one?
Tom
Mr Toads

See post 2120 above - if they're still available. Snatch these up because you could easily pay that much for a single transformer - if you could find one.

Hi....there are 2ea Mk121-2 interfaces An 9"panels an other parts for Acoustat An Martin Logan CLS treansfourmers an bias boards
Audiomart here...…….Acoustat 9" Spectra an Non Spectra Panels,MK121-Cmod interfaces Martin Logans Parts For Sale - US Audio Mart

Interesting assortment of stuff. Note that what is identified as High Frequency transformers in the list are actually bias transformers, according to the photo. Note part number TTA117, 117-volt bias transformer.

Perfect... then the Hammond is overkill ... I like it!

If you are still looking for bias transformers, see posting below.

Acoustat 9" Spectra an Non Spectra Panels,MK121-Cmod interfaces Martin Logans Parts For Sale - US Audio Mart

Interesting assortment of stuff. Note that what is identified as High Frequency transformers in the list are actually bias transformers, according to the photo. Note part number TTA117, 117-volt bias transformer. Grab 'em while you can!

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures of the ones on E-Bay, the taps are on the Orange wire. For 2+2's move them to the Yellow wire. Easy peasy, no soldering looks like they have a push on connector. I would differently replace that oxygenated, crusty wire that goes to the taps, (if you can, it's a huge improvement).

Depending on the vintage of the 2+2s in question, the interface box may not be the correct type. What's important is the parts inside, compatible with any style interface chassis.

Depending on the vintage of the 2+2s in question, the interface box may not be the correct type. What's important is the parts inside, compatible with any style interface chassis.

I went back and reread TJG55's initial post asking for help (#1932). I think he has the same interfaces as the ones on E-Bay? He should be able to just bolt those on and go, (he will still need to move the tap to the yellow wire).

mraudioguru/AA
since my current ones have the BLUE label, wouldn't that be a step back? wouldn't I be better off just swapping LF units? what's the deal with Hafler mod and ones from Martin Logan/audio mart? unfortunately I have a bid in on the E-Bay units and may hav to take it.
if not, do you think either of the others might be better?
thanks

mraudioguru/AA
since my current ones have the BLUE label, wouldn't that be a step back? wouldn't I be better off just swapping LF units? what's the deal with Hafler mod and ones from Martin Logan/audio mart? unfortunately I have a bid in on the E-Bay units and may hav to take it.
if not, do you think either of the others might be better?
thanks

Unless I'm looking at the wrong ones, the interfaces on E-Bay ARE the BLUE label?

Pair Acoustat MK-121-2A Interface Units, Medallion Transformers, Original Boxes. | eBay

Should be a straight swap.

TYU
do you know which units these are? C mod, red , etc. should they work with my 2+2s?

Hi....Andy well give his input …. Any an all these interfaces will work with Any Acoustat!
1+1s 2+2s Model 6,Model 2,3,4

The interfaces on AudioMart... have Stock Transfourmers,None are Medallion.....
but come with new bias parts,an the C-Mod..
There is also a pr of the none C-mod for sale.........Any of these interfaces can be setup with C-mod.

One thing...These are playing to day...there were never just pulled off to sale...thay well be pull off when sold..thay Work an sound great!

As you must know these Acoustat parts Sale....I am not pushing anything....there for sale to help people keep these one of a kind great speakers working...for ever maybe..there that good
30 panels have been sold... an 6 pr of interfaces....Good luck

Attachments

• 1865592-acoustat-esl-parts-panels-an-interfaces[1].jpg
    1865592-acoustat-esl-parts-panels-an-interfaces[1].jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited: