ABFAB Builders Club - building The eSCAPEd Goat Mk I

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This one is for the people who want more power but don't want an amp that generates heat like a bloody furnace. Or for people who want a very good Class AB amp. Output mosfets are Exicon lateral mosfets or whatever lateral mosfets you can get your hands on.
This amp performs extremely well with low bias current. I generally recommend 400mA but you can certainly go lower or higher.
The dual jfets on the folded cascode can certainly be replaced with 2sk2013/2sj313 if that is what you want to do.
I haven't added every detail on circuit (I am lazy)

I built this one a long time ago, it's a very good amp. I'll build up another version soon.
All inspiration and credit comes from reading firstwatt articles.
Thanks Papa

This one would be very suitable for your friend vdi nenna

Class%20AB%20AMP.png

well , besides lacking one elco , it seems that you can decrease some OLG , rearrange NFB and include some PFB

:devily:

Certainly.
I'll have a play around with it and try a few new ideas.

You are referring to elco on R18? I intentionally leave off stuff to confuse the cloners. Hahahaha (not that anyone would be interested in cloning any of my dumb amps)
I'm also lazy until people show interest.

I noticed someone recently cloned my open baffle speaker and is now selling it. Those bastards. Hahahaha

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
not really , at least on this side of Big Water

to my knowledge , even on your side is possible to find them ..... say that we easily found pair of 10" for my man AR2 on fleabay

though - ya seek , ya shall be given ...... :rofl:

world is , luckily, full with good and not overly expensive old school speakers , be it RCA , Tann or Altec

nice

and , now just for fun , make it symmetrical and with some (proper amount of) Ultrasymmetry

:clown:

I've sought of lost interest in super/ultra symmetry, but it will definitely work well in that circuit.
I like my second harmonic too much.
I'll see what else I can learn though. I've been spending my time thinking of Super Asymmetry. I might patent it. Super Asymmetry by Pico. Hehehehe

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.