AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

So do not consider myself the expert on amp matters. Listen to others for sure. But if your talking about increasing levels of even harmonics compared to odd orders, push pull output stages tend to reduce even order more so than odd. It is inherent in the push pull stage. Now I believe it might be designed to be somewhat unbalanced which might increase even orders. Not sure though. Usually you wouldn’t do that. Will wait and see what the experts think.

We are so lucky to have this site. All the knowledge that gets shared!!

So do not consider myself the expert on amp matters.
Neither am I brother. Just curious!
if your talking about increasing levels of even harmonics compared to odd orders, push pull output stages tend to reduce even order more so than odd. It is inherent in the push pull stage. Now I believe it might be designed to be somewhat unbalanced which might increase even orders

I just checked the docs for the F5M and I think its push pull, but pa said it has even order negative phase. So I think its right that usually push pull tends to do that, unless you are pa and you do what you want. 😂

I am prepared to stand corrected.

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
hello jk556,
here are the updated gerbers as per the above quoted post.
no major changes except option for 2 big 35 mm caps instead of 4 smaller caps and doubling up of traces at some places.
Hello Prasi

hope you are well I am trying to get the heatsinks pre drilled by modushop would you have the DXF or DWG file for drilling
many thanks

Hello Prasi

hope you are well I am trying to get the heatsinks pre drilled by modushop would you have the DXF or DWG file for drilling
many thanks
Hi James,
its been so long, so i dont know if the one shared is correct or not, but looks alright.
but since you shared gerber , here is latest. it might be same as the one you shared.

so i attach pdf 1:1 and dxf file.
hope this helps
regards
prasi

Attachments

• hole template pdf.pdf
    1.7 KB · Views: 26
  • AB-100 TO-247-R1-4CAPS-TOP drill.zip
    3 KB · Views: 38
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi James,
its been so long, so i dont know if the one shared is correct or not, but looks alright.
but since you shared gerber , here is latest. it might be same as the one you shared.

so i attach pdf 1:1 and dxf file.
hope this helps
regards
prasi

Hello Prasi

I am working with modushop ( Gianluca who has been very helpful) but the dxf file needs to show the actual drill points assuming 3 mm threaded holes for the PCB spacers as per the attached pdf file
would you have the dimensions to add for actual drill points
this would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• drill pdf.pdf
    13.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
My bad... I should have opened the file and checked for the hole dias and shapes.
please refer attached file.
I have shown the hole dia/radii..
However, the heatsink needs to be drilled 2.5mm for all holes for tapping of M3 size, modushop guys know better.
And since its a dxf file, the relative hole locations can be measured in any CAD software like nanoCAD or freeCAD.
regards
prasi

Attachments

• ab-100 to-247-r1-4caps-top-dims.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users