A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

I'm hoping someone can help here. I have wired up a DDDAC psu, but I can only get the psu to output 3v. No matter what adjustment I make to the brass screw, the voltage will not increase or decrease.

Thanks for your help

Some close-up photos of the board would be useful to help diagnose your problem. How much exactly are you adjusting/turning the potentiometer?

I put a bit more time into my DDDAC yesterday and thought you guys might be interested. I’m still waiting for the BBB board to go in and a few more bits and bob’s, so I’ve made provisions for those hence the lose ends.. The Pot is currently an Alps which I’m using for POC testing purposes and which I will upgrade later. Last picture is to show that (at moderate volume, with no audio playing) 0.000VDC at the speaker terminals with no buffer caps in the signal path is possible. :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm hoping someone can help here. I have wired up a DDDAC psu, but I can only get the psu to output 3v. No matter what adjustment I make to the brass screw, the voltage will not increase or decrease.

Thanks for your help

Had same problem here a few months ago! Something oscillates like hell there. Couldn´t find the fault. Maybe try to replace all semiconductors. I´ve bought a new PSU from Doede! Write him an tell him about your problem! I´m sure you will find a solution together

apoo

Thanks for your help
I have similar issue but mine is outputting 16.25V and no matter how much I was adjusting the 10k pot, voltage stays at approx 16.25V. This 12V PS was working fine before, even right after R1, R2 and the fuse were bypassed. The two LED are still lighting up, and I took a reading at 4700uf caps showed approx 22V. Not sure if this is normal. Replaced the 10k pot has not solved the output voltage issue. If anyone please shed some lights?

Not a hugely scientific approach but when I touch the metal legs on the three resistors that surround the more dim LED, the dim LED suddenly flickers much brighter, then goes back to being dim.
I turned the PSU over to make sure all connections are soldered and I didn't leave anything out and all is soldered well.

I'm pretty sure it's the correct way round as I was fairly careful when I put the psu together. But now that the legs are cut I don't know. I'll try and carefully unsolder it and turn it round
Thanks

I had a similar problem. I mixed the transistors up, I put a 550 where the 560 should be.
Put them back in the right place and no problems afterwords.

I have some spares if you get stuck ....