A new HF unit, very nice looking.

A parcel arrived the other day, a box containing two smaller boxes.

371a_zps9cba82c2.jpg

What might be inside the small boxes?

371b_zpsd92e8864.jpg

Ah! A nice looking bullet tweeter!

This one a bit special, ringradiator, or annular ring, wichever You prefer, membrane, the same as in the HF104, my favourite compression driver, compared to the traditional bullet units it has quite a large bandwith, usable from 2,5k.

Buildquality, as usual from Faital, is ridicously good.

371c_zps2602e68b.jpg

Measurments from manufacturer are very good, will do my own to compare.

5937-4-fd371spl1_zps05aaede4.gif

Ingvar

Last edited:
They actually look a lot better in real life, lousy camera and a semi drunk behind.
Will take new pics later, as allways when new stuff arrives we have to take them apart to see what the inside looks like, right? Most times it´s possible to put them back together again.

Ingvar

Hi Stu!

Sobering up is, i think, not within reach tonight, i´ve just served Brittmarie a decent planked steak and the very nice western cape mix of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet and Shiraz is still in very good suply.

New pics will have to wait until tomorrow, need to tidy up the kitchen after my cooking, allways looks a mess after my work, also, i shiped a little bunch of speakers,

el201c_zpsd751157a.jpg

a few of them in production, to Friends Arena, the new swedish national arena for football, or soccer for our american friends, and a giant venue for music, so they will be on air live on national tv tonight so i´ll have to watch and se if they manage to slip into sight, stupid old man, oh yes.

Nice to see You here too Stu.

Reactions: 1 user
@ingvar ahlberg

Hi Ingvar. This Faital Pro HD371 caught my eye some months ago and, now that I am planning a monitor-style 3-way for home audio (objective being to have excellent dynamic range), I am again looking at it. I would like to know your impressions of it and in what application you used it. It is sold as a super-tweeter, but I need it to perform the full tweeter function. Distortion measurements I have seen suggests that it is usable down to 2500Hz. The other drivers in the system are Fane 5FRK mid and Volt B2500.1 woofer.

@ingvar ahlberg: it would be very nice, if you post measurements which show the behavior under different angles. The datasheet of the FD371 speaks of a dispersion angle of 40 degrees, very narrow in my opinion.

But it may be a misunderstanding: may be the -6dB-Point to one side ist meant . Then 80 degrees in a more usual way to describe the disperion angle may be meant.

Sorry, if this sounds a little bit strange, but this is the first time, that i'm not using a translation programm.....:yikes:

So i would be thankfull for feedback to the question either to my english-skills. :)

Greetings
Michael

@ingvar ahlberg

Hi Ingvar. This Faital Pro HD371 caught my eye some months ago and, now that I am planning a monitor-style 3-way for home audio (objective being to have excellent dynamic range), I am again looking at it. I would like to know your impressions of it and in what application you used it. It is sold as a super-tweeter, but I need it to perform the full tweeter function. Distortion measurements I have seen suggests that it is usable down to 2500Hz. The other drivers in the system are Fane 5FRK mid and Volt B2500.1 woofer.
Hi Shaun,

This driver would have no problem crossing over at 2.2 - 2.5, it is a super sweet and smooth sounding tweet

Reactions: 1 user