A Book of Electronics

He lives in dreamland.

Put him on your ignore list, and move on...

First the battery chip 'invention'...

Then Germanium transistors, and the insistence that there was a conspiracy to favor Silicon.

Now he wants to rewrite all the basics of engineering, from the physics and basic concepts onwards.

But sometimes revolutionaries do have a fresh take on things...
Milo Minderbinder, such an evocative name...

Here are some other insightful excerpts from this tome of electronics:

This is nonsense....theoretically:
The same applies for analogue signal electronics. Power is not necessary for analogue signal processing, only voltages without currents or currents without voltages are necessary. Theoretically.

What we do know is that circuit analysis is not being used:
Current Based Electricity is almost never used. Voltage Based Electricity is almost always used.

Nasty filters should use Algebra instead:
Filters are nasty because they use mathematics, which, however, can be simplified and, most importantly, is standardised.

If you are lost somewhere and there is no way out, then you can use maths:
Mathematicians like these and engineers made a religion thereof. However, these make the user make more mistakes than help solve mathematical problems. Therefore, such best not be used and only simple logic is applied wherever necessary. After all, mathematics, as everything else, is nothing, but, simple logic only. Only somewhere, where there is no easy way out, should mathematics, mathematical apparatus and tools should be used.

As a rule of thumb the following statement should be treated as nonsense and spell checking should be used:
As a rule of thumb, engineers must never use mathematics. Even division and multiplication is rather difficult for real enginnering. Engineers must only use simple logic.

Nope.....everything is not okay:
The current control of the bipolar transistor is the biggest obstacle in Electronics. Once this understood, everything is OK.

Audio Electronics cannot use any other transistors than bipolar, because bipolar transistors have very low noise, low parasitic capacitances, fast speed ( which may also mean linearity in some cases with a feedback ) and, also, very low Ube. FET’s need a lot of base emitter voltage and this decreases the range.

Elon Musk wrote a paragraph on Mosfets:
The MOS and other field effect transistors are even easier. Make a tunnel, just like a tunnel for cars. Then, enlarge the tunnel, more cars go through, shrink the tunnel, a few of them only go through. The tunnel is enlarged with voltage applied between the walls of the tunnel. The more voltage applied on the walls of the tunnel, the more electrons can go through the tunnel. Then, apply voltage on the entrance and exit of the tunnel and there will be flow. Generally, the tunnel is enlarged because cars are pushed into the tunnel not only from the exit and entrance, but, from left and right, i. e., from the sides of the tunnel. The more cars are in the tunnel, the more they rub against the sides of the tunnel and, when the tunnel is made of rubber, enlarge the tunnel by pushing strongly to the walls too.

As explained, this is not easy:
When a negative electrode of a power supply is connected to the haver and the positive electrode of the power supply is connected to the lacker, everything is easy : The electrons of the power supply, or their energy, go through the haver and the lacker as explained before.

A Plumber explains transistor biasing:
The toilet flush system is a transistor : tiny force push on the button ( base ), through long lever, unleashes huge current from the tank ( collector ) to the can ( emitter ). When the can is clogged, the pressure by the trapped water in the can ( Ue ) does not allow for the current to continue. When the can is fully unclogged, no pressure builds there ( Ue = 0, Re = 0, Ree = 0, all approximately ) and thus, huge, non resisted current flies from the tank ( whose Vcc is the gravity which acts on the water in the tank ) through the can ( emitter ) and, literally, into the ground.

Filters are nasty...

This "book" is nasty. Some ideas do not deserve to be published. Consider a future world in which anyone can broadcast his thoughts to every person on the planet, with no restrictions. How long could society withstand a non-stop barrage of nonsense? What would happen if bad actors started to weaponize misinformation, to undermine public confidence in science, expertise, and authority? Thankfully, this has not happened, and seems unlikely in the future. But it's worth considering the implications.

Oh, wait...

Reactions: 1 user
Nyquist.png

My amplifier is oscillating. I am grateful to the OP for having demonstrated the fatal flaws in the traditional analysis of feedback stability. It saddens me to think how much time Mr. Nyquist wasted on all this meaningless blather.

I think you are a little generous, Bette. Steven does not seem to want to study real devices.
His description of a light bulb is, well , somewhat light of the truth:
"When a pure sinusoidal AC voltage, u, is applied to a light bulb ( a simple resistor ), the filament ( the simple resistor ) of the light bulb warms up, warms up the incandescent gas inside and, when warmed up, this gas converts the heat into light."
A filament lamp is not a simple resistor. The filament is a wire which has resistance but most importantly, it changes significantly with temperature. I'm sure Steven knows. But make your mind up Steven. Are you talking about a filament lamp where the light is emitted from the filament because it is hot? Or a discharge lamp where there is no filament but electricity is passed through a gas and the light is caused by ionisation?
Is there any point any of us trying to assist or is this your idea of a joke? I'm not going to point out your mistakes (at least no more than I've hinted at) for you to take credit.
Now,
Please, just put in some effort to understand what you are talking about.

john_ellis said:
Is there any point any of us trying to assist or is this your idea of a joke?
In all seriousness, I don't think this is a joke. I think we are dealing with something entirely different here, something quite tragic. Unfortunately, it is something I have seen before. Surely some of you have, as well.

For the moderators, and everyone else: let me make it clear, I offer the following 'Web reference with nothing but kindness in mind; it might help some of us to understand why the OP behaves as he does, and why he deserves kindness and understanding from all of us.

Grandiosity in Bipolar Disorder: https://www.verywellmind.com/grandiosity-in-bipolar-disorder-definition-and-stories-378818

-Gnobuddy

Reactions: 1 users