7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Back deck didn't get much action... more kick back and relax (and storage area)

Attachments

• a126-p.jpg
    a126-p.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 360
  • backDeckSatnoon.jpg
    backDeckSatnoon.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 363
  • pile-on-BD.jpg
    pile-on-BD.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 355
Yes, Dave's 3-ways are extremely well integrated and tres musical.
Terry's line arrays throw a soundstage second to none,( if properly seated)
The Maeshowe's w/eNA 126's combined Chris's usual high quality build with a very refined, balanced sound. If you have room for them---- go for it!
Ah, the aroma of great food with a whiff of fried voice coils!!
Don

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. We missed Tony too. He's a big part of any event. Especially if your tent happens to be within 20 feet of his. He's the only one I know who gives Dave a run for his money in the snoring department. Cheers buddy, maybe next year you can be a part of it. There's a spot down close to the road for your overnight quarters.

Forgot to mention what a good job Terry did of keeping everyone in line. I was supposed to help but ended up being one of the problems instead. Damn, I hate when that happens, but field marshal Olson did a good job again this year.

While we are on the topic of Terry, his speakers, the focused line arrays with complimentary woofers were another one I'll remember. Standing off line was rather unremarkable but once you sat in the happy seat, you understood what they were all about. That's what I call a good use of $70. Cheers to you as well.

Yes the 604's were a disappointment. Now I understand why the stock XO comes with both a high and mid attenuator, They were not the highlight of the event, quite the opposite. I might have to get GPA to have a look. Something about the AM radio sound was far too prevalent.

drilling arm tubes...

apparently none of my picture attachments made the virtual trip, even though I attached them....

Terry, when drilling the tube, use a Dremel or similar "hobby tool" capable of 30,000 rpm. Use a cut-off disk to nick the anodizing and start the hole, then a small conical bit. Enlarge the hole gently with a larger bit. These tubes are brittle. Please wear safety glasses.

All that is needed are cartridge tags and internal wiring, a counterweight of approximately 90 grams and either RCA (female) jacks or RCA (male) plugs, and a means to ground it.

apparently none of my picture attachments made the virtual trip, even though I attached them....

Terry, when drilling the tube, use a Dremel or similar "hobby tool" capable of 30,000 rpm. Use a cut-off disk to nick the anodizing and start the hole, then a small conical bit. Enlarge the hole gently with a larger bit. These tubes are brittle. Please wear safety glasses.

All that is needed are cartridge tags and internal wiring, a counterweight of approximately 90 grams and either RCA (female) jacks or RCA (male) plugs, and a means to ground it.

I'll follow your advice, although I rather wish you'd been at the Fest to personally demonstrate...............that is, if we ever got around to it!
:D

Thanks,
TerryO

Dave,

Do you have any close-up pictures of Bob's amps, Geek's gear especially his line stage and Scott's pre and F4 amp?

It certainly would be more interesting than your pictures of that "Homeless" person (In Washington State, we call them "Outdoorsmen"), that's wearing the bib and evidently just wandered in looking for a free meal.
He appears to have escaped from a Halfway House for the Criminally Insane, although on second thought, he really doesn't look out of place in that crowd.
:eek:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Dave,

Do you have any close-up pictures of Bob's amps, Geek's gear especially his line stage and Scott's pre and F4 amp?

It certainly would be more interesting than your pictures of that "Homeless" person (In Washington State, we call them "Outdoorsmen"), that's wearing the bib and evidently just wandered in looking for a free meal.
He appears to have escaped from a Halfway House for the Criminally Insane, although on second thought, he really doesn't look out of place in that crowd.
:eek:

Best Regards,
TerryO
Whaddya mean, "free meal"-- you should have made it back in time to have dinner @ Union Square!!
(I'll make you supper anytime, c'mon up!)
Don

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• wakoo.gif
    wakoo.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 275
Terry has a beard now? Must be the retirement mode, eh?

Hey Mike,

I grew the beard just for the Meet. Just when it seems I couldn't get any uglier...BINGO!

I finally threw in the towel. I had intended to stick it out, but after 42 years I just wasn't man enough to go the full 50!

BTW: You really need to get back here for some of our events!
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Got those... following posts are other bits that haven't been pictured yet...

Bob's Bottlehead 300B, Chris' Eddie Vaughn EL34SE (with ONetics opts), Flemmings simple SE with big blue edcor iron.

Attachments

• Flemming-simpleSE.jpg
    Flemming-simpleSE.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 267
  • chris-EV-EL34se.jpg
    chris-EV-EL34se.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Bob-bottlehead300B.jpg
    Bob-bottlehead300B.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 280
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.