737 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeing is staring at an existential crisis if it cannot make safe 737 models.
A new clean sheet approach is needed, rather than keeping on using parts from older aircraft.

That's the way I see it, but does Boeing see it that way?

It seems to me that they're devolved to crass parts bin engineering, and that the 737 "Max" is the Cadillac Cimmaron of commercial jets.
1704647809586.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
" They'll fly it until it falls out of the sky. "
:eek:

Here one of those "low cost" companies made an inaugural flight of 400 km.
It is known that they have a few airplanes purchased at low prices because they are very used, and that the pilots who fly them are willing to risk their lives - and the lives of others - for a much lower monetary remuneration than what a airline would pay them. prestige (that I would never hire them given their work history). I wonder which of these two was the reason for this plane to land dragging the entire rear fuselage.....:unsure:

https://www.pagina12.com.ar/701750-una-forma-precaria-de-volar

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Fortunately they evacuated it ok, but I was amazed how little there was left of the JAL plane that caught fire last week...

Re stress cracks, it's much harder with composite airframes to inspect. Someone I know who contracted to Boeing on the dreamliner, told me that if an airport tug biffs a composite frame, there's nothing visible to show for it, whereas an alloy frame gets a visible dent.

The thing is that the fuselage not cracked due to the intervention of internal factors or material fatigue, but rather it dragged on the runway....as if the plane had run out of landing gear or started taxiing at the wrong angle. I saw a video where the staff inspects the damage, there are several meters of damage, I will see if I can find it.

Last edited:
That plane was known to have a pressurization problem well before the incident,
and had been barred from long distance flights over water because of that.

But it was declared fine to fly over land! What if someone had been seated by that plug?
And if it were at cruising altitude? It was pure chance there was no fatalities.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Of course that may happen a lot more often that you are aware of. ETOPS requirements are pretty strict as you might need to keep going for a very long time over the water. Over land there is often a runway within 30 minutes of you. Note I am not a pilot so happy as usual to be completely wrong...

That plane was known to have a pressurization problem well before the incident,
and had been barred from long distance flights over water because of that.

But it was declared fine to fly over land! What if someone had been seated by that plug?
It was pure chance there was no fatality.
I don't know how often pressurization issues are dismissed.

If it had occurred at higher altitude it would have been a bigger disaster, but 16,000 feet isn't trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.