737 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
More important question might be who will sign off on a couple of hours of iPad videos being sufficient training for those companies not willing / able to afford the down time in the simulators?

Sorry, not sorry about not falling over myself giving Boeing and the FAA the benefit of the doubt here, but I’d still be a bit concerned about MCAS2.0. Exactly how many pilots are currently certified for 737 class, how many have already have simulator training with the new system, and what would the backlog be to reduce that deficit to zero? Until then, it’d still feel like Russian roulette to me to board any Max series.

The worst problem appears to be at the boarding gate where the front passengers get off first. They were worried that the front of the plane might go up in the air during unloading.
I see no reason why they can't clip the nose wheel to the ground as this would also make the airport safer in windy weather.

Nothing should happen if passengers are only allowed to leave from the front door as they will line up at the front of the plane anyway.
The only difference I can think of is when the plane is climbing out of an airport where the pilot would need to push the column forward a little bit more for a short time.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I see no reason why they can't clip the nose wheel to the ground as this would also make the airport safer in windy weather.

Nope. You use a tailstand;

es8uF.jpg

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If you load an aircraft wrong the CoG gets messed up. I've been on a lightly loaded widebody flight from USA where passengers were explicitly told not to change seat until we were at cruising altitude. I don't see this as a 320Neo problem really.

Sometimes they just say that to avoid people running about finding the best seats during takeoff. It's a safety risk but not for the weight distribution.

Same when you are asked to turn off your phones during take off and landing. Not for electrical interference, just to make sure people are paying attention when something untoward happens and crew has to act fast.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.