• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C Heater Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
you meant you have correct information then, let's hear it once and for all: how likely you find people is committed just because you of sounded or unsound posted something without digested it. So if I make some mistakes say in tube models posts >200, how many people already dead by your reasoning?

It is better to wire the heaters in parallel if your power transformer has a sufficient current rating.
I don't have any 6C33C datasheet handy at the moment, nor did the OP exactly specify whether he wants to connect more than one tubes' filaments in series or in parallel. But I seem to recall that the 6C33's heater consists of two individual filaments put into two cathode sleeves - similar to 12AT7's and others. Hence I interpret the original question to be related to just one tube. In this case it doesn't matter how the heater halves are connected - see 12AT7 again. Due to the huge heater current draw, I'd prefer series connection and 12.6 V feed.
To that weird side discussion: If a tube suffers from an internal arcing or meltdown between cathode and plate, you've got some much more bigger issue with it than exceeding it's cathode to heater voltage rating, I'd say.
Best regards!

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...6C33C ...heaters ...center floating, ground it at chassis ground, or elevate?

For 6C33C: whatever is easy.

When grid bias and signals are a Volt or so, careful heater biasing may reduce hum/buzz in heater leakage.

But any reasonable use of 6C33C has 70V or more of grid signal! It is about a hundred times less sensitive to such disturbance than your little tubes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.