5.1 decoder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cobra2,

Cool find. Please tell us a little more about it.

Who makes it, was it a steel, what kind of DACS, do they look like they can be upgraded, any potential for using a better clock, any potential for using a better PSU, is the user interface acceptable, is that a USB connector on the back, are their more what that came from, yaddadadadada....

-Dave

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Da5id4Vz said:
The question at hand is, should I buy one or two? I'm sure to blow at least one up while trying to mod it.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :D :xeye:

the dac is this unit is posted in his previous post and the detials and data sheet are in my last one. Its a integrated DAC so no up grade there. Although reclocking and power supply stuff shoud apply.

the AK4110 is a SPDIF reciever.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
As good as it gets...

Arne K

Attachments

• dolbydig-2.jpg
    dolbydig-2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,552
WE HAVE A WINNER!
http://www.fme.fujitsu.com/datasheets/e426903.pdf

lets see who wants to make a PCB for a hifi DAC to piggy back onto this decoder? have a nice clean clock on it, new power supply...better caps... OPA627 op amps...etc. Shouldnt be too bad to make this a pretty high end unit.

sorry no luck on datasheets for the other chips...including the SPDIF reciever. Anyways the SB61L256BS-8 is probably a SDRAM module for the DSP.

Hi all,
Cobra, what type is the DSP?? This is the thing that cannot be modified. Otherhands DAC can become a good one, plus a very clean clock plus an ASRC for jitter reduction. AKM uses the standars IIS format, of cource. And as I see there is enough space for a good power supply, too.
regards-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.