3way Studio Design

Very nicely done. :up:

In terms of impedance - a low of about 3ohms is acceptable for a 4ohm speaker. But usually you can get the tweeter impedance higher than that. I can't quite see what the values you've used in the xo are but too low a value for L4 can sometimes be the cause. Or maybe just switch to series resistance instead of the L-pad if you want to raise the impedance in the tweeter section.

I might try to flatten the range from about ~250Hz to 800Hz just a little bit. That may depend on what your ears think is right and on the validity of the measurement you've posted.

Agreed, off-axis data wouldn't hurt.

In terms of measuring, maybe you might find these helpful:

In-room quasi-anechoic measurements
How to find the realtive acoustic centers with PCD
speaker-acoustic-center with XSim

Hello Everyone! I am back again...

Sorry for the huge delay... I have a new crossover design that I will love to share!

One doubt I have; a friend told me that I would be great to match the Impedance peaks on the graph. That it would be more "ideal".

I have been re-modeling the box tuning so I can match these peaks, altough, I do not notice a great change. I have to go with a larger port & lower Fs (24hz).

Did anyone had this experience? Is it better to match the acoustical box peak & the speaker peak. Or can the live together like this? Should I do it?

I am actually on time for enclosure changes.

Love to hear your thoughts!

Again the Drivers used:
- SCANSPEAK R2406-8330 DISCOVERY
- ETON 5-312/C8/25 HEX SYMPHONY II
- ETON 11-612/C8/50 RP ORCHESTRA

Attachments

• 02 XOVER SAVIA CIRCUIT.jpg
    02 XOVER SAVIA CIRCUIT.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 357
  • 02 XOVER SAVIA RTA.jpg
    02 XOVER SAVIA RTA.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 02 XOVER SAVIA Z.jpg
    02 XOVER SAVIA Z.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 02 XOVER SAVIA RTA MID INVERTED.jpg
    02 XOVER SAVIA RTA MID INVERTED.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 347
I´believe it´s a little bit of different phenomenas

- midrange bump at breakup
- tweeter rta at enclosure. Actually it respects pretty well what shown the manufacturers datasheet. But showing that diffraction bump that kills tweeter smoothness at that critical area.

Is there any way I could make it better with the xo?

What would you guys try here? Should I change a little the enclosure front design?

If it is diffraction bump it is not fixable in crossover since the effect is different to different angles, acoustic problem. If driver datasheets show peak there just cut it with the crossover. Yes you could equalize diffraction on listening axis as well but it gets worse on any other axis. Diffraction related interference can be helped adding slants or roundovers side of the tweeter. The more there is flat baffle around drivers the more diffraction interference is my rule of thumb :) Minimize empty baffle area anyway you can, roundovers being the best option.

You can test if it is diffraction that causes the peak if you do off-axis measurements or model the baffle in some diffraction simulator. The baffle seems so wide the biggest diffraction ripple should be a lot lower in frequency (< 1kHz, seems to be big baffle) right above baffle step frequency and any diffraction ripple higher than that (like at 4.5kHz) is usually smaller in amplitude. Hope it helps :)