• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

3C24 really is a fine output tube...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aldovan,

It seems you've been busy with your 3C24 design since the last thread with the 3C24:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/119368-3c24se-amp.html

It looks like you added some larger cased SS devices on the chassis from an earlier video clip:

YouTube - 3C24 SE class A2 amplifier (red plates)

Can you comment on any design changes and what, if any, sonic changes it resulted in? Also, any idea on how many hours you've put on this amp?

BTW - for others, the earlier thread contains some 3C24 schematics, one from Tossie in Japan and one I did not that long ago on a breadboard.

Regards, KM

3c24 amplifier

Aldovan,

It seems you've been busy with your 3C24 design since the last thread with the 3C24:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/119368-3c24se-amp.html

It looks like you added some larger cased SS devices on the chassis from an earlier video clip:

YouTube - 3C24 SE class A2 amplifier (red plates)

Can you comment on any design changes and what, if any, sonic changes it resulted in? Also, any idea on how many hours you've put on this amp?

BTW - for others, the earlier thread contains some 3C24 schematics, one from Tossie in Japan and one I did not that long ago on a breadboard.

Regards, KM

Hi,

Yes, I modify the circuit with good results.
My actual design use a BU208 transistor in emitter follower for excite direct the 3C24, with a good improvement in the sound quality.
My next modification will be a change of input tube.
Actually I use a 6N6P and I will put a 5751 for more gain and quality.
I put a lot of hours in prototype tests, simulatons,design and the final build.

Aldovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.