3 to 4 inch full range recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, does anyone, have some recommendations on a 3 or 4 inch driver that would fulfill the following criteria.

- Smooth response on axis and to 30 degrees off axis (100% fat not necessary as I have about 3 bands of peq)
- Work well in 2.5 liters sealed.
- Potential for extended bass response with EQ, -12db at 30hz or better would be great, but I understand this may be asking to much.
- 4 or 8ohm

I have a few ideas, but am not sure if i'd be expecting to much from them. So if any particular driver jumps out to you as a must try, let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
TRy this:

HiEND 4inch full range fullrange defy lowther &forster on eBay (end time 07-Nov-10 15:37:33 GMT)

I bought a pair have to admit they sound really good at about AUD$100/pair including shipping is a bargain. I am thinking of getting another pair.

I use it a sealed enclosure about 5 litre, x-over around 70-80 Hz to a sub woofer. The combo sounds very open for such a small enclosure. I want to use them as my laptop speakers, however they sound so good that I use them in the lounge room for long term testing, you see I have other speakers as well.

This comes close:
Audience A3 3" Full Range Driver | Parts-Express.com
I think you understand that these are no requirements for a budget driver.

Heckuva driver, no question, but for about the same cash outlay it would take to do two of these a side, I went for 80+ PE 289-106 3.5" drivers which I am using to build a 9.1 - 9.4 channel HT surround sound system (prototype photos in the picture forum). I even found an easy way to get the Fs down to the 60hz range on these which is about the lowest I've seen for any speaker under 4" diameter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.