• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Thank you. It's only 30cm. I will see how to manage with the cables Eric sends and I will see. I'm not sure 30cm is enough.
Also, the box shipping cost is extremely expensive so I'm trying to search for alternatives.
Shipping cost aside , I am quite certain 30cm is plenty.
**Edit : Did I miss anything? Shipping is free, is it not?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119_212235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119_212235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2022
Paid Member
Apologies, although the above should fit, the correct cables are:
http://www.ghentaudio.com/item/jst/vhr3n-cable.html For the AC connection, (middle pin not used)
http://www.ghentaudio.com/item/jst/vhr4n-cable.html For the speaker connections
Do you know the practical difference between the VHR-N and the VHR-M it seems to be some type of "Electric Shock Prevention"? Although Ghent doesn't list the 3 pin "M" version, other sites do have it (because I assume this would apply more to the 3-pin power connection than the speaker connections).

Is it just that it covers the pin slots where the tab pops out to secure it (making it harder to change them later)?

Do you know the practical difference between the VHR-N and the VHR-M it seems to be some type of "Electric Shock Prevention"? Although Ghent doesn't list the 3 pin "M" version, other sites do have it (because I assume this would apply more to the 3-pin power connection than the speaker connections).

Is it just that it covers the pin slots where the tab pops out to secure it (making it harder to change them later)?
I've tried to find a description of the differences, without success. I think it ids as you describe, the pin release is shrouded on the -M, requiring a different method to release.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi George. Beats me. Static charge smote the LED. Understandable but I've got $3 amps that are 5 years old and the LED's still work fine. This Eric Amp is mounted on a wood plank along w/ RCA interface. Two conductor power in. The one mounting hole with ground symbol is grounded to earth. Still using the amp - love the sound.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi bonjo.
Nice to hear that the amplifier is intact. Please check if the floor carpet is synthetic. Thousants of volts build up simply while walking over the room.
If floor carpet is synthetic , you have to discharge yourself before touching the hardware.

It is a week now that I have received a second unit.
One module is playing music 18 hours per day, the other is being tortured on the test bench for the same amount of time.
No causalties yet.
George

Attachments

• DSCN6495.JPG
    DSCN6495.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN6492.JPG
    DSCN6492.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN6494.JPG
    DSCN6494.JPG
    600.6 KB · Views: 120
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Nice to hear that the amplifier is intact. Please check if the floor carpet is synthetic. Thousants of volts build up simply while walking over the room.
If floor carpet is synthetic , you have to discharge yourself before touching the hardware.

Good advice George.
It is winter where I live and the house gets dry from the wood pellet stove. Most times when walking across the carpet the first thing to be touched gets Zapped⚡, sometimes it's the dog! :ROFLMAO:. I learned a while ago to discharge myself by touching the metal framework on an adjacent cabinet before the audio system.

Great to hear all the good reports. I am now waiting to order the FFA002 when Eric gets back to work. I am back to work today after a long school holiday break. Hope all had a lovely festive season and happy new year to all. I now have received all the parts like fancy switches and fans for my FFA001

Thanks and regards
Randy

Joined 2022
Paid Member
Still working through other must-do projects, so I have not tested my amp. Hopefully today if I get the porch finished. However, with regard to earlier discussions about fixed gain -- and given that an electronic circuit project is on my to-do list -- would the Nelson Pass B1 Buffer Preamp be suitable here? Or is there another more suited for a beginner / non-electrical engineer (and assembling is fine for me, no desire to go too far down the design road)

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/b1-buffer-preamp.124889/

I tested the amplifier board today and it sounds really good for the price!
I was really impressed!
But it lacks a bit of texture (in comparison to my Denafrips Thello) and a bit of detail and separation.
Obviously that for the price is excellent!
Even though, Is there a way to improve this module a bit?