• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

211 driving 211 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Because bifiliar winding is tempting and can be done really easily. For one with increased breakdown voltage, I'm thinking of some kind of machinery that would separate two wires with some kind of insulation with the same thickness, a cord for example. The problem is that I'll need a more fancy wire feeding device on the machine that would combine two wires and a cord together.

The easiest way is to use a 2-stranded litz wire. This is the way I did my experimental line transformer.

I think you can already buy bifilar wire that has the separation you like. You can also do that with Litz if you like by incresing the individual wires' insulation on request. I found at least a couple of companies that do that with bifilar wires. Let me find them again and will let you know.

Hi... 45 and Pieter.
pleasen read your and Pieter's opinion on this. I get a lot of knowledge. thanks.
My hashimoto OTP costum is created with limited conditions with their stock port, but i think this enough a large cores (WxDxH / 11x10x12) .
They can make a higher and more than this but I can not afford to pay for it. they are expert and very experienced since Sansui first. and this OPT have a low rensistence Dc of primary 294 ohm / 57.3H. i feel this enough for me, because i only make a ordinary Single ended 211 power.
i have a lot many product of Hashimoto transformers and my experience with them is quite good for me.

i have the Output Transformers Tribute too from Pieter used on my RS241 (with hashimoto transformers too as PS) that very nice a sound, beautifuly and i heard a wide respond frequency... very high you can get... clear...( my opinion),
i must say thank you for your Pieter, your still the best for me....

and 45 i like your explaination about it, clearly and easy to know.

thank you
ed

From all I've read in this thread:
- 20k opt it too high. 16k is best in achieving good power 16-18w in A1.
- 211 driver gain is not high enough to drive the 211 even with a 1:4 input and 1:1 IT
- ya I'm lost. I want a two stage DHT amp able to do 15-17watts, stay in A1. Gimme a driver tube guys!!! I thought I had found it in the 4p1l, it was close but....

You can do it. It's just that DHT's with higher gain that can work well with interstage transformers are just a few and are not cheap.
If you fancy vintage stuff and are prepared to pay big money you could look for NOS RS-241, for example. If you want to be safe, spend less money and possibly get better results then current production Emission Labs 20B.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Gimme a driver tube guys!!!
If you fond of -medium to high gain- DH tubes, the choice is limited.

EML 20...30 -even mesh- is very good tubes, but expensive toys.

I usually use 841 (VT-51) as VAS DHT tube, up to 150-200Vpp.
Choke loading is feasible, but good 200-300H 10-15 mA anode choke is rare. I tried it with custom made nano core 400H choke, with limited HF transfer (about 25k -3dB).
Instead of choke I use CCS or gyrator as anode load, then impedance separator (cathode or source follower).

With active load and CF/SF the HF transfer would be satisfactory (about 35..40k -1dB, 60..70k -3dB).

10Y (and my favourite 801) is good tube, but not a gain champion.

If you use it as IT coupled single stage, the step-up (about 1:3) IT is necessary, but difficult to make (for example 10k:30k at 25mA primary current) this IT.

Best choice to use step-up input transformer and -about- 1:1 IT.

Ps. I prefer CCS loaded high gain -trioded- pentode (D3a/E280F), cap. coupling to high voltage MOSFET (SiC) source follower as VAS stage.

Hi euro21,
Could you share the schematic of d3a trioded with ccs, cap coupling to 211 ?

Joined 2004
Paid Member

Attachments

• D3a, CCS, CF, 211 SE.jpg
    D3a, CCS, CF, 211 SE.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 206
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.