• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2007 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
would it be possible for a low cost version to eliminate the battery charger portion of the circuit and just use a 12v @ 0.3A wall-wart hooked directly to X2? I'd only use a single switch, and keep the protection diode and the fuse and then eliminate all of the SW and status indicators other than the power LED. Also, IC1 and all of the battery charger and other AC related parts.

What do you think?

algar_emi...got the pulley

and sorry for the short gratuity. Wish it was more.

spent all day Thursday in the local ER-- flu + diabetes + wonky blood sugars + dehydrated (after removing pretty much all my body's fluid through the cake hole ':dead:')= 1 very sick stew.

New pulley looks good.

Thanks again to you and Greg et al for your diligence.

stew

testing circuit

Hi All, Sylvain.
I am still having problems,but making progress.
I ended up replacing all the transistors, and now the motor runs!
When i ground IC4pin1 i get over 12v, but i still get 12V when all the IC's are installed. VR1 and the dip switches don't make a difference when JP2 pins 1-2. When JP2 is set to ground i can use VR2&3 to change the output. IC3 pin6 is reading 5v.
The collectors of Q2 & Q8 are reading 12V and needs to be 6V, but what should i try next?

The pulley fits perfectly and the motor is silent, just need to get this running on time!
many thanks
weby

testing circuit

hi all, Sylvain.
I am still having problems, and am not sure what to do next.
I have replaced all the transistors, quad checked component values and solder joints.
So going through the FAQ testing procedure
JP2=2-3 (gnd)
steps 1-6 everything correct.
step 7 i have VR1=10k set, then check IC2A pin3 VR1 does nothing, but VR2 will adjust 0-5V. Is this a typo in the FAQ, should it be VR2?

Step 8
i get 0-7v

step 9
Adjusting VR2 does not change motor + voltage, so cant set to 9v.

I then cross checked voltages to the PCB diagram;
IC3 pin6=5v
JP2 pin1=1.3
I Adjusted VR2 to give setpoint voltage of 3.6
Q5 c= 12.6
Q4 c= 3.1
So Q3,4,5 look ok?

IC2
pin1=3.6
pin2=3.6
pin3=3.6
pin5=3.6
pin6=3.6
pin7=4

IC4
pin1=0
pin2=5.8
pin3=4.4
pin5=6.3
pin6=6.3
pin7=6.3

Motor + = 12.6v

The following things do not look right to me;
VR2 not adjusting motor +
IC2 pin7, is 4v to be expected?
IC4 pin 5,6,7 too much voltage, should that be 3.6v?
IC4 no control output

Could someone with a working controller could take some readings or advise me, would be a massive help. i am really struggling now!
Is there another thread somewhere for troubleshooting this controller, just in case it has some info?

Thanks in advance
webby

:bawling:

Completed shipping of all the replacement pulleys. So, my part is done.

Notes:
Secips never reply to my email for the replacement pulley shipping cost, so I still have the pulley. I'm still waiting for his reply.

Mikewong has one replacement pulley and two new pulleys. He also never replied to me or paid for the new pulleys, so I kept them, still waiting.

All the other members have their orders completed.

Webby

the voltages around the ICs look wrong - IC2 pin 7 should equal pin 3 if there is no current going to the motor. I'm not sure if these measurements are with the motor connected or not. If they are with the motor connected, repeat them without. If they are without the motor connected, replace IC2.

Note to all builders: the OPA2277 is very sensitive to ESD. If you do not have an ESD workstation, get one.

Note to Sylvain (Algar): there is a small drafting error in the schematic on the support page, which I only noticed when trying to trace Webby's problem. The connections to the collectors of Q3 and Q5 have been swapped. I'm sure this is partly my fault because the original schematic was so sloppily drawn, with one of the collector wires running across a resistor (hey I was just learning, OK?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.