2-way finished. Extremis- Seas combo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is few pix of my newly finished 2-way featuring Seas Excel T25-001 and Adire Extremis 6.8.
First listening tests are very promising. Extremis performs extremely well. In 22L box tuned to 33Hz
it goes very deep and controlled. Bass is smooth and no mid-bass peaking. It is crossed with my Behringer at 2kHz, 6 dB/octave. Seas is excellent in this combo. With 9dB attenuation it sounds very natural, almost but not quite like my electrostats.
Exteremis 6.8 highly recommended.
Regards,
Sasha.

Attachments

• _0031.jpg
    _0031.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,737
Thanks,
Cabinets are made of 1" MDF and front is 2".
My next project: 12L box isobaric going down to33Hz anechoic and 25Hz in room and of course, Adire again. But this time on top I will try Vifa ring radiator.
By the way, I am still confused regarding efficiency of isobaric box. If I have two 86dB connected in parallel what is box efficiency. I have some contradictory infos.

Yes, contact cement and no press. After one side is glued flush the edges with sand paper glued on piece of MDF 4"x 20". You can use
120 grade. And than one side at the time same way. Finally, sand edges very little not to get to the MDF. If you make mistake you can use crayon in same color as your wood to cover up your mistake.
Same principal girls use, cover up mistakes!
After that use "wipe on poly" or similar product to finish your box,
just make sure that all glue is removed from the edges before last step.
Simple but very good advice. Take your time!!! Work slowly.

Very nice Sasha! And original too.

I've heard a couple of people claim the Extremis has a FR problem around 1kHz. Any evidence of that?

sasha said:
By the way, I am still confused regarding efficiency of isobaric box. If I have two 86dB connected in parallel what is box efficiency. I have some contradictory infos.

From Dickason's LSC, 6th Edition:
Sensitivity will increase +3dB for a parallel connection and -3dB for a series connection, compared to a single driver.

audiobomber said:
From Dickason's LSC, 6th Edition:
Sensitivity will increase +3dB for a parallel connection and -3dB for a series connection, compared to a single driver.

Oops! I quoted from the wrong section:

For Isobarik systems: Sensitivity of the compound pair will be the same as that of a single driver (sensitivity will go up 3dB due to the 4-ohm load, but will decrease by 3dB due to the doubling cone mass).

Sorry all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.