1950s Electro-Voice speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a couple of MC-30s at an estate sale and these monster speaker cabinets were included. Each contains a 15" woofer (EV - 15W), 2 horns (EV T25A & EV T35), 2 sealed crossovers and L-pads. They are really built well. And they work! I have all the paperwork and even a letter from Electro-Voice to the gentleman who built the systems.

I have taken several pictures and posted them online at Flickr. Here's the link. http://www.gefenproductions.com/mark/speakers.html

I don't have the room (translated - wife) to keep these monsters. What should I do with all of this? Build something with just the horns? Sell them? Throw it all away?

Mark
Greensboro, NC

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wow, i've never seen EVs that shiny before... the cabinets will be no loss -- typical diy of the day, and probably too small for the driver anyway.

Those are in gourgeous condition and -- from the chrome -- likely the deluxe models available. Those will probably fetch some serious cash if you auctioned them.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.