12V portable soundsystem help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I am trying to build a portable system as part of my HNC project that will consist of a 12V battery (possible 2 in series or parellel) that will run a couple of old technic 8ohm hi-fi speakers I have (they can always be upgraded when I have some more money) I am trying to make the amplifier pretty water resistant so I can use it for festivals, BBQs and the like :)

My initial idea was to run some plastic tubing around and power it with a small fishtank type pump and an external reservoir, poissibly with a PC fan inside to to control the temperature.

I have to admit my knowledge isn't that fantastic on this sort of thing, but I have spent a few days researching and have done some soldering in the past.

My question really is what is your advice, I would like to build the amplifier rather than buy it but am undecided on whether to buy the ESP project 3A or the 41Hz project 6 basic. Alternatively at the college we have access to PCB wizard and I have Express PCB, I have only briefly looked at these and found them quite difficult to grasp (only really have knowledge of multisim) oh the college has an PCB etching machine so it would cut my costs down alot.

Anyways any help/advice etc. would be much appreciated
Thanks alot :)
Bakewell

A couple TDA2005 will give you almost 20W RMS each into 4 ohms.
That's quite loud for BBQ and similar events, and just enough (with a small battery powered mixer) for a couple guys with acoustic guitars and headband mics, forget about Thrash/Punk, etc. of course.
It can be powered by a relatively light 12V7A gel battery.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.