12th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey brother:
I am afraid to say it was a rather mellow and tame evening. A few of us stayed up till after the curfew but we were quite laid back by then. There was a lack of Jimmy music and we were without a leader.
But wait till next year!!!!, we will have some making up to do.

Through thick and thin, come hell or high water, this old girl served me better than I can remember any vehicle. For over a decade she pulled through what other vehicles wouldn't even go near. She stills runs great but with over 270K on the 'odo', it was time to put her out to pasture. After thinking about what happiness she could still offer, I chose the Children's Wish Foundation to receive her. If some terminally ill child gets to see a hockey game or ride a pony before they pass away then by golly, I can't think of a better place for her to spend her final days.

So long ol' friend.

Attachments

• 20150930_141027(0).jpg
    20150930_141027(0).jpg
    300 KB · Views: 244
  • 20150930_141050.jpg
    20150930_141050.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 242
Cal's "Love shack" is off to a new home.
Good on you buddy.

It is hard to say goodbye to friends. But sometimes the bond must be broken. Hard decisions have to be made, because as you know, (as was said by someone more interesting than me) "Rust never sleeps".

Soon you will look back on this difficult day and only remember the good times the bad times will fade into the distant past. Those hot summer afternoons sitting in bumper to bumper traffic listening to "Barometer Soup", dreaming of far away places (that you will never go to). It is good to have a picture of your loved one in your wallet to help remember the special times.

Time to move on to something more to your style, demeanor, and character. Perhaps something new and improved, even lemony fresh, dare I add.
Maybe a Hummer with really big wheels and a gigantic motor, and deep rumbling exhaust. You could paint it up in bright colours with a floral pattern or palm trees at a minimum. It will need really big speakers and a monster stereo in the back blasting Jimmy at high volume for all to hear, and feel. The passion and love he has to offer will be appreciated by the masses, while you sit sweating in bumper to bumper traffic next summer. Your new Hummer would be your way of spreading the word and love of the hero and saviour Jimmy. There are Parrot heads everywhere, they need a disciple to bring them out of the closet.

Just a thought?

hehe, you guys are great.

Yes Scott, I mean BFAM, I will need something to replace the old girl. I have a little put-put zoom-zoom you'll meet soon, but she comes up a little short in the mid-life crisis department. I think I need to stretch my legs a wee. Something to realize my potential. Something to help me express myself...

I am thinking of buying a food truck, driving it to paradise and selling cheeseburgers. I've always been a foodie and what better way to pay homage to The Exalted One from Pascagoula?

Heck, I'll make enough money to buy Miami if I don't p*** it away too fast. I'm a dreamer of dreams and a traveling man, I'll chalk up many a mile. I'll read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and learn much from both of their styles.

I'll make a pilgrimage to the Keys and maybe even see and touch the feet of the great one...

...or maybe I'll just buy an SUV, and dream of the day...

Oh Chris, must you always steer the subject over to that side? Honestly, I don't how you deal with yourself sometimes. My kids are not allowed to visit Uncle Chris for a while, no matter how much candy you have.
The pic to which I refer is SCD and his Madam dressed in the finest of cloth, most appropriately adorned and looking quite smashing indeed.
What you weren't aware of is that dressed like this they have opened a business as a 'rent-a-couple'. They are good for weddings, formal parties or whatever you may need a well dressed man and his trophy accompaniment for. The rates are reasonable and at least one of them is bound to behave themself for a good part of the evening.
TBH, I didn't know he had it in him and again, TBH, he looks kinda weird. I'm thinking he should stick to VanIsleFest gear that we know and love instead of that off-putting preacher outfit but to each his own.

Hey!
I resemble that remark.
Thanks for the free advertisement of my new endeavor. Do not worry once the party gets going we slip into our finest beach wear, start the karaoke machine and get everybody singing Jimmy songs for the rest of the night.
"Come Monday it'll be alright, Come Monday I'll be holding you tight......"
Your gonna to love it. I was thinking you could be part of the show. Maybe do a duet with me or something. " Mother, mother Ocean, I have heard you call, I wanted to sail upon your water since I was three feet tall........"

What do ya think. I have heard you sing, after a lot of beer you start to sound pretty good.

Of all the money that e'er I spent
I've spent it in good company
And all the harm that ever I did
Alas it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

If I had money enough to spend
And leisure to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in the town
That sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips
I own she has my heart enthralled
So fill to me the parting glass

Oh, all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.