100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

The two trimmers on the AX38/40, the 100r and the 5k, could I replace them with a 1k and 10k? Im finding it difficult to get the 100r and 5k where I am

you can connect fixed resistor 10k with that 10k multiturn. 1k at Vbe will be a bit too much,but I suppose it would work-only you should be careful when adjusting bias,and you should use multiturn resistor previously adjusted to 50 Ohm and than soldiered.

1.5mm for 2 holes is 3mm, half the connector size, big holes :p

The spade connectors I use have pins that measure 1.23mm. You can get by with 1.25mm bit is your holes are perfectly aligned. Only half the hole is towards the center. The pins are 5mm on center so that leaves 3.5mm board between the holes. If you want to wrestle the pins into the board suit yourself. I use 1.5mm.

The spade connectors I use have pins that measure 1.23mm...

I see. Thanks for the info.
Wonder if spade connectors have a standard size or if it depends on the maker/stock/etc. Would be more convenient when designing pcb instead of having to adjust the holes afterward.
Ordered drills of different sizes, in case. Will check the size of the spade when they get delivered.

Edit: sorry for the rather off-topic question, but since spades are used for the amplifiers it looked like a good place to ask :eek:

Last edited:
I see. Thanks for the info.
Wonder if spade connectors have a standard size or if it depends on the maker/stock/etc. Would be more convenient when designing pcb instead of having to adjust the holes afterward.
Ordered drills of different sizes, in case. Will check the size of the spade when they get delivered.

Edit: sorry for the rather off-topic question, but since spades are used for the amplifiers it looked like a good place to ask :eek:

Hi, Like terry says , use 1.5mm holes and you can fit any of the faston tabs and also make the outline of silk such that female cover with insulator can be easily fitted.

And like following post, make them such that which ever way you stack them up, hole to hole distance is 5.08 mm Thatway , one can fit either tabs or screw terminal blocks.

Baxandall gain control according TI tidu34 certified design

regards
prasi

FASTON TABS

Hi, Like terry says , use 1.5mm holes and you can fit any of the faston tabs and also make the outline of silk such that female cover with insulator can be easily fitted.

And like following post, make them such that which ever way you stack them up, hole to hole distance is 5.08 mm Thatway , one can fit either tabs or screw terminal blocks.

Baxandall gain control according TI tidu34 certified design

regards
prasi

Dear Prasi Sir,

Any idea where we can get FASTON Tags in India..other than Mouser or Digikey...

Suresh

Dear Prasi Sir,

Any idea where we can get FASTON Tags in India..other than Mouser or Digikey...

Suresh

Hi Suresh,
order some samples from here JST - PCB Tab Terminals
Or on aliexpress, you can get loads of varieties along with mating insulated connector for the tabs.

regards
prasi

(just call me prasi, I am yet to earn knighthood from Queen:))