100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Mr. Mile,
I want to use it for 56V supplies.
Pl. let me know if the attached, based on your schematic, is ok.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• SOFT START APEX 56V_layout.png
    SOFT START APEX 56V_layout.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,850
  • SOFT START APEX 56V.png
    SOFT START APEX 56V.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,812
For 56V use 30V zener, 24V rele and remove 1uF cap...

Mr. Mile,
Thanks. Here is a compact minimalist version of your softstart with 24V relay that can be placed between switch and trafo.

regards
prasi

Attachments

• SOFTSTARTAPEX REV1.png
    SOFTSTARTAPEX REV1.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,706
  • SOFTSTARTAPEX SCH REV1.png
    SOFTSTARTAPEX SCH REV1.png
    4 KB · Views: 1,607
APEX EX14 simulation results

Hi Mile,

I simulated EX14 in ltspice. I can not get thd below 0.1%. I wonder why that is, any ideas? I will attach the ltspice sim file and the schematic printed page for review.
It is not the models, I use these models in other sims with good success. OPS bias is running at 55mA, driver stage is at 12mA. Just having the red led in the bias generator, would not provide enough OPS bias so I added a small R to get it to where it was reasonable.
Has anyone ever built this amp design?
Thx
Rick

Attachments

• Apex EX14 PA_ltspice.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Apex EX-14 PA.asc
    12.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi Mile,

I simulated EX14 in ltspice. I can not get thd below 0.1%. I wonder why that is, any ideas? I will attach the ltspice sim file and the schematic printed page for review.
It is not the models, I use these models in other sims with good success. OPS bias is running at 55mA, driver stage is at 12mA. Just having the red led in the bias generator, would not provide enough OPS bias so I added a small R to get it to where it was reasonable.
Has anyone ever built this amp design?
Thx
Rick

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164093-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-993.html#post5213636