100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You may find that jFETs work better for switching duty.

There was a Thread some years ago in which was mentioned an alternative switching arrangement that eliminated the distortion due to any non linearities across the switch.
I wish I could remember these things !

I have a bunch of J113's - could those work? I also have 2SK170's but saving them for a real input stage amp use. Could they be wired front to back in same way as the above circuit and driven in same way with gate voltages?

just idea not tested

Attachments

• asw5.gif
    asw5.gif
    16 KB · Views: 1,713
  • images(5).jpg
    images(5).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,678
the folks that make the mcintosh gear had some preamp models that used jfets for switching audio signals. take a look in some of their schematics for some known tested and well-working circuits.

i'll come back later with some link pointers ....

mlloyd1

OK, made it back before timeout
:)

look at this preamp schematic: McIntosh C34V preamp; page 9 has an example. njfet is 2n4392 or pn4392, still available and not ridiculously expensive.

Last edited:
the folks that make the mcintosh gear had some preamp models that used jfets for switching audio signals. take a look in some of their schematics for some known tested and well-working circuits.

i'll come back later with some link pointers ....

mlloyd1
Years ago(1990?) in the Elektor cmos preamplifier used cmos and op amp in input and out, as source switches.
I will try to find the boards.

Last edited:
FH9: Help

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for the support extended so far..
I wish to do FH9 after a long break...Can you tell me the post with latest layout?
Can I use irf2520s also?

Regards,
Sumesh

I agree that FH9 is an excellent choice for multi channel amp as it is easy to make, cost effective, and sounds great. What are you using for 900w sub channel AndrewLebon?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member