• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Array's Sales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Photos of the pair.

Attachments

• linaeum et6 spread -1000.jpg
    linaeum et6 spread -1000.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 344
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Just a comment... except for the number i have never been able to find any difference between the 5410182 shown and the 10RG11.

Have you run an impedance curve on these?

Guys this is a good price. I will be working up a TG Solo 103 inspired box for a customer set of these (and build a 2nd set for the pair of my own i have kicking around)

dave

Hello P10, the only difference between all these drivers (FE-103a, 10RG11 etc) is the ink that's used on the magnet - they're all the same animal with very slight variability in the manufacturing process (depending on the production run).
We've all seen end-product companies either personalize their own driver labelling (i.e. acquire a non-imprinted product from the driver manufacturer) or request the manufacturer provide a label or stamp to certain design and spec.
The only difference we've measured for on this driver is between the relieved cap vs. sealed, and the relieved measures more smoothly. I too agree this price is good, especially since no glue downs are needed.

This is a fairly old ad so I thought I should update it with additional information and pricing. The introductory price has now long since expired. Regular price is $39/pr. For those wishing to retrofit, the following physical data should prove useful. The widest diameter is exactly 2.75", the shortest is exactly 2.25".

SONY APM-33W Components - no cabs

One pair Tweeters, one pair woofers, one pair crossovers from a set of SONY APM-33W loudspeakers. All drivers continuous, coils without issue. Foams history on the woofers. All diaphragms perfect. All drivers built with cast baskets. I purchased them thinking the APM-55W drivers, which I have, were the same but such is not the case. I wanted these as spares. Here's your chance to purchase a set of spares for your 33W's or to build a rare and unusual system around them.

$80 for the works, not including shipment.

I have no clue as to shipment costs, and if you're considering these you probably wouldn't care. Whatever the postage is, it's going to be what the post office charges.

Attachments

• cam 3.jpg
    cam 3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 104
planet10 said:
I know them well, i've had some 50 5410182/10RG11 )i'm the one responsible for the F103A designation) and at least 20 others that fit in the same niche but are decidely different... measurements across the samples of the same driver i've had vary considerably (ie Fs from 75 to 180 Hz, typical 90 to 105)

dave

Hi Dave, I can agree the FE-103a measure decidedly different (personally witnessed) even on identical drivers but manufacturing processes of that model differ only slightly. The variability of performance measurements could be considered a tolerance, much like a +/-20% capacitor compared to another identical capacitor made on the same run could potentially measure up to a 40% difference between the two.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.