• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If this pad is for the dissipation metal plate under the mosfets than don't bother, just put in thermal paste between that plate and the heatsink. If on the other hand it is to put directly under the Mosfets to make thermal contact with the included metal plate, then first see with Sonny if they're not already included in the kit. Otherwise we can find some good alternatives.

Thanks
Do

I use thermal paste for assembling the module onto the heatsink. It is the cheapest solution and it works good.

It is very important that the surface below the module is flat. And that all 4 cornes on the module is tighten to the heatsink to spread the heat even on the module.

Please look on the picture of post #18.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...a-v4-v8-lateral-mosfet-amp-2.html#post4356413

BR

Sonny

Announcement of TSSA V2.

The TSSA V2 features:

• will share the baseplate with the TSSA V4/V8.
  • Differential/Singleended input.
  • max +/-55VDC suppy voltage -
  • using 2x35VAC toroid (+/-50VDC) : 120W/180W @ 8R/4R
  • Fully tested
  • Mount on heatsink using only 4 pcs 4mm machine screws and thermal paste
  • Same design as TSSA V4 but only 2 pairs of mosfets. Capacitors are changed to 63VDC rating instead of 80VDC, heatsink on control board is smaller.

The TSSA V2 will be based on the same boards as the TSSA V4 and V8. Difference is max working voltage of +/-55VDC, Only 2 pairs of mosfet compaired to the TSSA V4 and smaller heatsinks on the control board.

We are ready to take orders on the TSSA V2 now.

First ones will ship week 28.

TSSA V2 price : 220€/channel (Early bird on this one is 160€/channel)

Available week 28 and early bird runs until the end of week 28
Is the sound quality as good as with the V1.7 / 1.8?

TSSA v4 is very amazing amp I own before ,
Very quite ,detail , bass is super .vocal is huge.
I like a lot .
But really really hot
Thanks Sonnya
Now waiting for new chassis for another 2 module .

Best

I am glad you like it... :D After all the troubles you have had.. Finally it works out...

I think you should turn bias down to 500mA after seing your chassis. but it is up to you.

TSSA v4 is very amazing amp I own before ,
Very quite ,detail , bass is super .vocal is huge.
I like a lot .
But really really hot
Thanks Sonnya
Now waiting for new chassis for another 2 module .

Best
Great to hear your report on sound quality :) I am really worrried about the heat... You have to measure the temperature of the heatsink (and the plate on the modules) I think Sonny has advised that if the heatsink measure 50 degrees celcius or above, you should turn down bias - or have better heatsinking. It is important to have a margin for warm weather and good music played at loud volumes ;) There are a lot of nice cabinets out there at reasonable prices with big heatsinks, for instance at YOYO. Search for "Full aluminum amp enclosure" Take care. All the best, Per

It maybe sound like rubbish that an extra gain stage will make it better, but the differential input prevent ground loops even in Single ended input mode.

Also the background noise is lower on this one, the use of low noise +/-15V power for the frontend is an good thing,... It makes things easier for the already good current generators.

I think it sounds better, but more headroom (+3 - +6dB more when running from +/-50VDC on the TSSA V2) and better S/N ratio is not bad at all.

BR Sonny

Dear pcb,
Appreciate for your advice,wood chassis is use for temporary and looking for huge heatsink .
BTW TSSA v4 is very special ,I don't know why sound must better than previous amp.
I have owm dartzeel cth8550,jades ,jeffrowland .
TSSA is my second diy amp ,another is first one v1.2 .
TSSA is the best ,qty is like day and night .
People must try TSSA v4 ,sure will be enjoy it.(100% )😊

Thanks again sonnya

It maybe sound like rubbish that an extra gain stage will make it better, but the differential input prevent ground loops even in Single ended input mode.

Also the background noise is lower on this one, the use of low noise +/-15V power for the frontend is an good thing,... It makes things easier for the already good current generators.

I think it sounds better, but more headroom (+3 - +6dB more when running from +/-50VDC on the TSSA V2) and better S/N ratio is not bad at all.

BR Sonny
Thanks a lot, Sonny. Count me in for the early bird / preorder on the TSSA V2 with 2 modules if it is not too late.

Dear pcb,
Appreciate for your advice,wood chassis is use for temporary and looking for huge heatsink .
BTW TSSA v4 is very special ,I don't know why sound must better than previous amp.
I have owm dartzeel cth8550,jades ,jeffrowland .
TSSA is my second diy amp ,another is first one v1.2 .
TSSA is the best ,qty is like day and night .
People must try TSSA v4 ,sure will be enjoy it.(100% )

Thanks again sonnya
Wow. Thanks a lot, Myint67. Your comments helped me decide for the V2 (which is basically identical to the V4 apart from power) Happy to hear that you are working on the heat dissipation :) All the best, Per

What are the size of the V2 module?

Hello pdb.

170x70x61mm

what would the power rating of V2 be at +/-46 vdc (SMPS1200A180)?

Hello livingstone

100W into 8R.
I cannot tell you what the power will be into 4 and 2R load, because it depends on how much the voltage on the SMPS1200A180 will drop into those load.

But 2R will most likely be 220 - 250Watt.

Hello pdb.

170x70x61mm

Hello livingstone

100W into 8R.
I cannot tell you what the power will be into 4 and 2R load, because it depends on how much the voltage on the SMPS1200A180 will drop into those load.

But 2R will most likely be 220 - 250Watt.
Thanks for the answer :) BTW have you given up on a a more traditional PSU (trafo, capbanks) for the TSSA amps or can the SMPS really compete on sound quality?

I like traditional power supply a lot. Most SMPS is not made for high bias current. A lot of them that i have seen recommend less than 500mA.

So if you want high idle current, the only way to get there is by using an traditional powersupply, or an SMPS designed for high idle current. In many cases of SMPS it means forced cooling.
It is not only the diodes and transistors that needs to be cooled but especially the pulse transformers and inductor but also the capacitors. So most likely the if they use convection cooling they will not be that small anymore.

I have the TSSA V4 running on my floor right now. Compared to what i have heard and done earlier the TSSA V4 has an huge amount of control in the bas region (Even when i right now run on a smallish 500VA supply 2x50VDC and 60000uF per channel producing around 100W@8R) without sacrificing mid and high.

It is virtually noise less. I have some test speakers where we assemble them which is audiovector M1 super . They have an sensitivity of 88dB and only with your ear right up to the tweeter you can hear an very weak white noise. And i mean right up to the tweeter!!!

An class D module like Pascal Audios modules used in different amps produce a lot more white noise.

We have improved on the signal ground and powerground. Normally we use an resistor to break ground loops. This is normally placed inside the feedback loop path. We have moved it and made some changes in the circuit to sense at the input terminal and bypass the resistor used for removing ground loops. It is there but you can hear it has been bypassed.

You got endless control. an good example is James Blake which is going very deep with a lot of information both in bass but also in the Mid and high region. It does not become muddy at all.

Adele - Live at Royal Albert Hall. It does not sound harsh or unnatural. You can very easy hear the Hall. On the track "Some one like you" her tongue can be heard on the end the word she sings, the crowd sings hear and you nearly feel that you are there and getting goosebumps.. Even when you hear the crowd (applause) at the end you can still hear the instruments very clearly.

Agnes Obel - Avantime
Track "Fuel of Fire", the fingers on the strings never disappear even when you have the Cello playing (1:00 - ~2:00)

Track "Dorian" has a lot of information in the lower region, and the amp never let its grip - It does not become muddy at all.

Coldplay Mylo Xyloto actual gets a joy to listen to. Now we can separate it all. Channel separation of the amp really comes to its right place hear.

Mozart Requem (Dunedin Consort) in D minor, K. 626 - IV. Tuba Mirum. The Tuba fill the room but the Tenor does not loose focus.
XVI. Cum Sanctis, The female voices in foreground with the male tenor being back. It is easy to separate the voices and violins.

Richard Tunnicliffe J.S BachCello Suites - Prelude - Very light on the same time goes very deep. You can hear his breathing, also the fingers touching, the room is filled with the echo from the cello.

It was tested using my AK4490 USB DAC and with Super Slow roll Off filter. (Attached to download - Use xmosusbaudiost305C_dfuapp to upload firmware)

Attachments

• ak4490 USB DSD DAC super slow roll off.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.