• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post
Announcement of TSSA V2.

The TSSA V2 features:
will share the baseplate with the TSSA V4/V8.
Differential/Singleended input.
max +/-55VDC suppy voltage -
using 2x35VAC toroid (+/-50VDC) : 120W/180W @ 8R/4R
Fully tested
Mount on heatsink using only 4 pcs 4mm machine screws and thermal paste
Same design as TSSA V4 but only 2 pairs of mosfets. Capacitors are changed to 63VDC rating instead of 80VDC, heatsink on control board is smaller.

The TSSA V2 will be based on the same boards as the TSSA V4 and V8. Difference is max working voltage of +/-55VDC, Only 2 pairs of mosfet compaired to the TSSA V4 and smaller heatsinks on the control board.

We are ready to take orders on the TSSA V2 now.

First ones will ship week 28.

TSSA V2 price : 220€/channel (Early bird on this one is 160€/channel)

Available week 28 and early bird runs until the end of week 28

Hi Sonny,

What the recommended transformer power would be for single transformer and dual transformer configuration.

Should it still be 500w for single transformer and around 2x 250w for dual transformers ?

We have done some power measurement on a 500VA potted noratel toroid with 2x35VAC secondary windings. 4x15.000uF:

Idle: +/-50VDC

8R +/-50VDC : 120Watt
4R +/-48VDC : 200Watt
2R +/-43VDC : 300Watt (PSU voltage fall when load current is increased) approx 13Vpeak drop into 2Ohm load.

Current limit into an 0.5Ohm load: 36Apeak.

Small signal bandwidth : 1MHz.

Input impedance : 10K

So that means that 30 000 uf per rail is enough to drive the amplifier, or would you recommend 2x PSUs (60 000 uf) to allow more current

Thanks,
Oleg

Last edited:
For 120W:

recommend as minimum 1 pcs 500VA shared + 30mF per rail (60mF in total) .

best would be 1 pcs 500VA per channel + 30mF per rail (60mF in total) /per channel. => in total 2x500VA 2x35VAC + 4x30mF

For 150W:

recommend as minimum 1 pcs 800VA 2x40VAC shared + 30mF per rail (60mF in total) .

best would be 1 pcs 800VA per channel + 30mF per rail (60mF in total) /per channel. => in total 2x800VA 2x40VAC + 4x30mF

The capacitor is rated 63VDC.

The absolutely best capacitors is RIFA/KEMET PEH200 47000uF. But they are very costly.

BR

Sonny

Hi Sonny,

Thank you so much.

Yes, they are costly, I was looking at Kemet/Rifa's on the element14 recently.

I will get back to order the amps sometime later on this year, will need to finish some other projects first.

Do you think it might be a good idea to collate all the amp information in the first post or in a separate thread for TSSA V2 (may be joined with 1.7)

I've sent some time searching for this through the threads. Might be easier for other members too.

Thank you so much for your great work !

Hi Sonny,

A dumb question :).

In case if your PSU is used there would be kind of CRC filter right.

Although if RIFA/KEMET are used there would be just

Bridge rectifier + R + 1 RIFA/KEMET per rail right ?

Giving an RC filter only.

So filtering would be a bit simpler, but this would be compensated by the capacitor quality.

And another question, for the soft start board what kind of relays would you recommend using.

Should it be 20+ Amperese, or a 10 Amperes would suffice ?

Last edited:
hi TSSA v4 user,
I have own two stero TSSA v4
One is running with Dual Mono SMPS 1200400 and basic is 0.6 (A)
Another set is using tradional transformer1x 500Va,94000uf capictor
+-35 V DC ,basic is 0.8(A)
In that case tradional power supply is a lot of better than dual mono SMPS powersupply ,Bass is really huge ,tide and very clean than SMPS .
Mid and hight also more cleaner too.
My system is
DIY marten 2 speaker all are using accuton
Digital aya2 TDA1541with sd transport ,pathos endorphin CD player
Pre amp tube power amp xp2 by (John tracker USA)

Cheers

hi TSSA v4 user,
I have own two stero TSSA v4
One is running with Dual Mono SMPS 1200400 and basic is 0.6 (A)
Another set is using tradional transformer1x 500Va,94000uf capictor
+-35 V DC ,basic is 0.8(A)
In that case tradional power supply is a lot of better than dual mono SMPS powersupply ,Bass is really huge ,tide and very clean than SMPS .
Mid and hight also more cleaner too.
My system is
DIY marten 2 speaker all are using accuton
Digital aya2 TDA1541with sd transport ,pathos endorphin CD player
Pre amp tube power amp xp2 by (John tracker USA)

Cheers

SMPS1200-400 is not the best or the ultimate SMPS for such amplifier, or in general for AB or Mosfet amplifiers. people fooled with the synchronous rectifier technology claimed, as I believe that they best serving the Class-D amplifiers mainly.

Synchronous rectifier is good to improve the SMPS efficiency, Switching at higher frequencies, (Littel bit LOWER ripple), Smaller output capacitors. but that doesn't mean its the best design / combination for Class-AB or Mosfet amplifiers nor it will give the same performance as linear PSU.

You the second person who just noticed the same thing using that SMPS with Mosfet amplifier.

Hope that helps

Do you have experience with the fact it works better with class a or ab amps than the smps1200-400?

Many tests were conducted at AB amplifier and a Mosfet amplifier, and the sound was just perfect, deep bass. its very difficult to anticipate the results at your amplifier.

From my experience and analysis, witch is proven by three persons here, they noticed (let say) a cut off somewhere in the low frequency band.

I could offer you a SMPS to test at your gears, I am going to give you a very good deal, Just To Test! If you are interested.

Attachments

• DSC02128.jpg
    DSC02128.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 539
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.