• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

I've been following this tread (and the one for V1.7) for a while and am eager to build one TSSA V4 based amplifier myself however €364 is a considerable amount of money for a (DIY) single channel amplifier board. I'm definitely not saying it's to expensive but to build a complete amplifier with this units we're talking probably of a minimum of €1500. So I wonder if anybody who build this amp could share some listening results/reviews, maybe comparisons with other amplifiers?

My current setup is a PrimaLuna Dialogue EL34 tube amplifier, Ear Acute 3 cd player and Troels Gravesen SP44 DIY speaker. I think specially the SP44 starts blooming up when driven by a amplifier with more control and more power, and thats where the PrimaLuna lacks. The amplifier was however bought when I could get it for a very good price and I had smaller speakers. (I do have plenty of experience with building amplifiers, although these were neither own designs).

Thanks!!

Dear All,

I've been following this tread (and the one for V1.7) for a while and am eager to build one TSSA V4 based amplifier myself however €364 is a considerable amount of money for a (DIY) single channel amplifier board. I'm definitely not saying it's to expensive but to build a complete amplifier with this units we're talking probably of a minimum of €1500. So I wonder if anybody who build this amp could share some listening results/reviews, maybe comparisons with other amplifiers?

My current setup is a PrimaLuna Dialogue EL34 tube amplifier, Ear Acute 3 cd player and Troels Gravesen SP44 DIY speaker. I think specially the SP44 starts blooming up when driven by a amplifier with more control and more power, and thats where the PrimaLuna lacks. The amplifier was however bought when I could get it for a very good price and I had smaller speakers. (I do have plenty of experience with building amplifiers, although these were neither own designs).

Thanks!!

I have a demo amplifier. My brother works in Copenhagen and lives in Landskrona.

I could ship it to Copenhagen and he could take it across the border.

If you chose to try it, you only needs to pay the shipping from Odense to Copenhagen and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sonny, Thank you for this generous offer. I will definitely take advantage of this as this is a great opportunity. However I'm on a business trip the next week and the week after but afterwords we could arrange something if its not to much trouble for your brother (I could pick it up in Landskona as I work in Lund).
We'll keep in touch be PM.

Thanks again!!

TssaV4 is really good amp'after 6 month listening I would like to update news chass ,idea for using higher basic (1.6A) , 2 x 1000va Sec 35v dual mono.
I prefer tradional power supply than SMPS, l

Best

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 539
Here some pics of my TSSA V2 taken with a smart phone
Per channel 2x35Vac/340VA audio transformer and 60mF/80V PSU
Inrush protection module with 75°/C temperature protection

Attachments

• TSSA V2 inside.jpg
    TSSA V2 inside.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 488
  • TSSA V2 side.jpg
    TSSA V2 side.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.