• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mirand TSSA V4 and V8 Lateral mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
18723997754_c43f93f76a_k.jpg

I am not an engineer but from what I see the heatsinks won't get much air flow with the woodpanels pressed against them... Do you have holes in the wood (covered with perforated metal net)? All the best, Per

I agree with Per. That is why i wrote you about getting enough and secure cooling of the modules especially with the high bias setting you have specified.

Good thermal paste with very thin mica is always best but can be a little messy if you put too much thermal paste. I use a small paintbrush and add a thin layer of it on the output transistor back side, then stick the mica onto it and finally another thin layer on the other side of the mica that will make contact with the heatsink. Remember, thermal paste is there just to fill micro gaps that don't make perfect contact with the opposite heatsink surface thus making a better heat transfer. Adding too much will have reverse effects and will not dissipate as much.

I personally prefer stuff like SIL-PAD 600 and the likes but they're a bit less efficient in heat transfer.

Ciao!
Do

Good thermal paste with very thin mica is always best but can be a little messy if you put too much thermal paste. I use a small paintbrush and add a thin layer of it on the output transistor back side, then stick the mica onto it and finally another thin layer on the other side of the mica that will make contact with the heatsink. Remember, thermal paste is there just to fill micro gaps that don't make perfect contact with the opposite heatsink surface thus making a better heat transfer. Adding too much will have reverse effects and will not dissipate as much.

I personally prefer stuff like SIL-PAD 600 and the likes but they're a bit less efficient in heat transfer.

Ciao!
Do
Thanks for the advice and guidance on this, Pinnocchio :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.