The food thread

Then noodles, Ricotta and Cottage cheese mix and a wet Marinara style sauce for moisture.
then noodles and a layer of cheese.
Voila!

Attachments

• IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 108
Next up - spareribs. They're on sale now so my honey bought 8 racks. :) With ribs it's always a new venture as I can never remember how I did them last time. Tonight:

Grill them for a bit on the Q.
Baste them in liquid smoke, let dry, baste them in Worcestershire, let dry
Baste them in dark soy and while still wet add your favourite seasonings

Attachments

• IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 58
Lay out some foil, add green onions, garlic, sugar, dark beer and a splash of rum.
Wrap with the good side down, semi loosely.
Bake with your lasagna. They should take about the same time. OK to broil them for a few minutes at the end if you need.

Cheers, back to beer now. I'm getting really thirsty again and I haven't made salad yet :drink:

Attachments

• IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 55
BBQ chicken and (oven) chips. I know it's nothing as fancy (or healthy) as what's gone before, but I'm a teenager that's never really been into cooking, but this one I can do...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sauce:
Dice half an onion, and a clove of garlic (use a hand blender if you prefer a smooth sauce). Fry until soft, then add tomato ketchup (it works, okay?), a little soy sauce, some brown sugar, herbs of your choice, a little chilli powder if you prefer something with a kick. A little olive oil can help, too.
Heat, stir occasionally. Try it now and again and add different things from the above list until you've got it how you like it.
Pour over nearly-cooked chicken pieces (I do them in the oven), turn the temperature down a little and let the sauce soak in while it cooks. When the sauce has thickened, ensure your chicken has cooked then go enjoy.

Also works for BBQ ribs.

Cheers
Chris

No pics tonight, but had potato-and-cheddar stuffed perogies with smoked sausages, sour cream, and dark-fried onions. Heaven.

Also made snack food by heating peanut oil in a wok with coarsely chopped dried red chilis, faqara (Szechuan pepper corns) and sea salt, then added blanched peanuts and stir-fired the whole mess until the peanuts smelled toasty. Added more sea salt while they cooled on paper towel. *crunch zing*