• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
.47 ohm 3 watt resistors

Is it needed to use wirewound resistors for the 3 watt resistors? Digikey is out of the Panasonics. They have Vishay/pheonix in stock, but @ 2.18 a shot they are more expensive than mills.

I am wondering about good sounding alternatives.

I am wondering if a metal film or carbon or whatnot will work here.
In the power supply, I think we are looking @ .3ohms (my multimeter is a bit twitchy this low, using cement type X 4). Would it be possible to use a .33 MRA-12 on each side? I dont want to tweak the voltage here, so any power supply guru's step in. 40 Mills MRA-12 .47 ohms for two monoblocks is chunk of coin.

Panasonics from DigiKey are metal oxide so metal film should be no problem here. If 0.47R is out of stock you can use any other value that is close enough, the actual value is not critical here as long as you set proper current.

In PS you have 4 x 0.47R in parallel which gives 0.11R combined resistance. A single 12W Mills should be fine here (or 2 x 0.22R, 5W )

hiii Peter

Do you still have this f4 boards ?
im interested to build this amp

How much price for f4 boards?
How much much price for PSU?
maybe i will buy your psu more

can you give me information
how much f4 output (class a) ?

if we compare with class ab
how much the output ?

thanks before peter
regards, jeffry

Peter,

I would like an additional 2 F4 amp board sets and additional 6 PS board sets. Here is my tally:

Previously shipped and received: 2 amp sets, 2 PS sets
Still due to shipped: 2 amp sets, 2 PS sets

Final total of all my orders:

6 total Amp board sets (balance to ship now 4)
10 total PS board sets (balance to ship now 8)

I sent Paypal for added amounts today.

Thanks!!!

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.