• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mounting Mosfets to heatsink

If someone could make a recommendation...

I have'nt found much info on this subject. It may not really be a matter of any sort.

Is there any reason to use a spacer and a stainless bolt vs a zinc sheet metal bolt with no spacer? Looking at some pics, people seem to be using all sorts of things. Just wondering on what will least likely have any influence on the mosfet.

Sorry for the possibly rediculous question...Didn't seem to be an issue with a chipamp, but not sure if this things, or the MUR3060 rectifier needed some nonmagnetic bolts.

Thanks for any input or experiences here.

Blitz said:
Peter, as you have a lot of experience as well with the black gates: for those 4 220uF: would you recommend fk or nx types ?

They are both quite close and final choice will depend on personal preferrences and actual circuit.

I mostly use BG N, and in F4, I will go with BG N 100/50

BG NX are similar, but a bit more softer in trebles with slightly less refined. BG FK seemed to me always somewhat colored, and I never really used them. From whatever experienced I have with Shigaclone, FK were even more mellow, but very 'musical' OTOH.

Why not trying Elna Silmics II? They are very good sounding caps, a bit bright comparing to Black Gates N, but more transparent and sometimes this can be an advantage.

Good hint...I am already usng the silmics...you think they are more transparent than the BGs ? ? then I will skip the idea with the black gates...I thought the BG could be another upgrade and I was just curious what could come next...

BTW: I am in the process of ordering some of the texascomponents-resistors you suggested...which version would you prefer: the TX2352 or the TX2575 ?

Any other suggestion how to tweak the last bit of transparency and resolution out of this amp (it is not cool-sounding at all here at my house, very musical, very warm, very 3D)?

Regards

Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.