• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
CMF50 Resistors

My default impression of resistor spec's is 1/2 watt.
It looks like the one's you suggest from Dale (although not your preffered sound) is 1/4 watt.

I will order 1/4 watt's if that's okay, since they are cheaper and smaller.
Has anyone tried PRP, and been satified with them?

I dont think anyone except peter has stated that using exotics in 1K, 10Ohms is the way to go. I would not mind getting another opinion or so. I don't want to take too much away from Nelsons initial art work. If radio shack carbon films sound great, I would like to hear that too.:confused:

Re: CMF50 Resistors

mithomas said:
My default impression of resistor spec's is 1/2 watt.
It looks like the one's you suggest from Dale (although not your preffered sound) is 1/4 watt.

I will order 1/4 watt's if that's okay, since they are cheaper and smaller.
Has anyone tried PRP, and been satified with them?

I dont think anyone except peter has stated that using exotics in 1K, 10Ohms is the way to go. I would not mind getting another opinion or so. I don't want to take too much away from Nelsons initial art work. If radio shack carbon films sound great, I would like to hear that too.:confused:
I used all 1/2w PRP's stood on end and they sound fine. Tom

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Resistor apology

Peter, sorry to scramble my thoughts with threads.

In any case, just trying to get if 1/4 watt is acceptable for the these smaller resistors. It's usually okay to oversize in my book, but not undersize a resistor. But I dont have an EE degree.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ignorant MUR3060 diode question

Looks like I ordered the MUR3060 from On-Semi with the uninsulated tab.

Makes me wonder how to bolt these things down without bringing current into the chassis. Will the anode pass current into aluminum?

Here are the units.

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MUR3020PT-D.PDF

I have only worked with the gainclone and axial diodes without heatsinks, so dont know how bolting this to the chassis (using a mica insulator of course on bottom, will affect things. Won't some current go through the bolt?

Of course I can hook it up and take the DVM to the thing...

:hot: :confused:

Attachments

• mur3060 002.jpg
    mur3060 002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 835
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Resistor shortages

Sorry for you Digikey Woes.
I ended up ordering Mills @ 1.85 each, and for the Power supplies I ordered Vishay Metal Firms @ 2.12 each from Digikey, although Mills are likely better, I wanted to get the PS together sooner.

The 1/4 Dales should do, and are NP recommended I beleive.

CMF10.0KQFCT from Digi-key

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.