• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Heatsinks

Does anyone know if a old set of Hafler DH-200 heatsinks will work for this project.

They are 2" high fins, 9 inches long, 4.5 inches high. Smaller surface than the conrad units, but I have them lying around.

Can someone point me to the cooling match these units can get?

Re: Heatsinks

mithomas said:
Does anyone know if a old set of Hafler DH-200 heatsinks will work for this project.

They are 2" high fins, 9 inches long, 4.5 inches high. Smaller surface than the conrad units, but I have them lying around.

Can someone point me to the cooling match these units can get?

Do you have enough heat sink pieces to run three fets per heat sink? Then it seems perfect.

I received the amp boards today, and again, they shipped me half of what I ordered (50 instead of 100). I suspect that scoring line may have something to do with that;)

So I'm a bit short and people from the end of the ordering list will not receive the boards yet and some will receive partial order only.

The next batch is already ordered and I had hard time sorting the available boards. I'm short of 29 amp boards and 13 PS boards.

If somebody don't need the boards right away, requires less for now or needs them badly, please let me know, and I will try to accomodate your needs.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
heatsinks

Do you have enough heat sink pieces to run three fets per heat sink? Then it seems perfect.

Thanks Carpenter,

assuming 6 fets per channel no, I only have two of these. So at best one stereo side. I am just hoping to recycle some hardware and save money here.

I was looking for other alternatives to the Conrads, if there are any URL's abound for them, that would be nice.

All USA orders have been shipped on Wednesday, international and domestic will ship today. Below is the list of backorders (most are partial shipments, first number represents amp board, second is for PS):

Georgios V
Greece 2

Christian W
Germany 3

Myron W
United Kingdom 2=2 ins

John I
United States 2

Corey K
United States 1=1

Frank R
Germany 4=4

James S
United States 3=4

Arild O
United States 4

Thomas S
United States 2=2

Niclas L
Sweden 4

Ryan H
United States 1

James R
United States 1

Re: F4 Chassis

samkhanski said:
Can anyone provide ideas/links for F4 enclosures. A while back someone posted this:

http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/ATI-639M.html

Looks good but there were no responses regarding the possible suitability of the heatsinks. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

162.56 h (6.4") X 596.90 d (23.5") seems to be the size of the heatsinks. The fins appear to be 25mm (1.0"). Going on gut, it may work, but I'd rather see the fins protruding a bit longer for some breathing room. The chassis is probably quite spendy. You might be better off purchasing a bare chassis, adding heat sinks to the sides and designing your own face plate.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Chassis

Carpenter,
I plan on using the Conrad Heatsinks, but am wondering if others could post some other workable options.

You mention chassis,
Any vendors you or anyone else can recommend to buy?

I looked at the above mentioned chassis, shipping from Overseas to USA is at least 150 on the slow boat, and it's a 300-350 dollar US chassis.
I think I will work with local CNC people first, if there isn't another common chassis to be recommended for F1-F4 clones for breathing room.

Re: Chassis

mithomas said:
Carpenter,
I plan on using the Conrad Heatsinks, but am wondering if others could post some other workable options.

You mention chassis,
Any vendors you or anyone else can recommend to buy?

I looked at the above mentioned chassis, shipping from Overseas to USA is at least 150 on the slow boat, and it's a 300-350 dollar US chassis.
I think I will work with local CNC people first, if there isn't another common chassis to be recommended for F1-F4 clones for breathing room.

I tend to fab my own chassis. Here's a test bed I used to play with. It's now reconfigured into four different amplifiers.

Attachments

• diy chassis.jpg
    diy chassis.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 862
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.