Hornresp

Just to clarify, the first case shown in the attachment below was not actually generated by, or is used in, Hornresp because of the confusion it can cause - by implying an offset rather than an inline connection.

Attachments

• problem1.png
    problem1.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 84
This is also shown on the System Model diagram, when the Sd and S9 sliders are selected.
I never came up with the idea to check the system model, when changing driver parameters, especially because i can not change the driver, it is as it is :LOL:
Also, at first, i could not imagine, the opposite side of S9 could really be purely SD, since this would be really hard to design in real. But atleast i can now clearly understand, how the system model works.
Just to clarify, the first case shown in the attachment below was not actually generated by, or is used in, Hornresp because of the confusion it can cause - by implying an offset rather than an inline connection.
Do you want me to remove that image? I did not think about it beeing confusing for other people if i did not change H7 to H3 for example. It was just easier to copy/paste the H7 :D

Since i now understand a lot more, i did model a lot of different box types, just to see, how they work with my driver.

At the end i realised, that i want a box with 1 side of the driver closed. But there seems to be ONLY front loaded horn and bandpass type b (wich are both basically the same... you can model a big throat getting smaller to act like a chamber of the bandpass, or you can model the first chamber beeing smaller then the following port, wich also results in like a horn [i hope one can understand what i am talking about here :D]), wich then result in the same box.

But what i really miss, is a possibility to model something like a bandpass or double reflex or bi-chamber at the opposite side of the closed box.
Or in other words, just a second "path" for tuning, but going from that one opposite side of the driver. Like in the following picture:
Idea.png

Or is there any way, to take the output of a model, and insert as a driver in a new model?

Kind regards
Benni

Edit:
I just realised, i did skip the stubbed horn while simulating... maybe that one will do the trick like it is!

Last edited:
Hello David.

Would it be possible to add a function into the "window menu" or "tools menu" in the "acoustical power" window to plot a graph of 1Watt of real power input (not apparent power) versus SPL? It shows very informative outcomes. For many, unexpected ones. It has been an awesome tool to determine power relations, efficiency relations and such for me. I always plot it in excel by acquiring single datapoints, and it is horrible repetitive work. Depending on the possibilities, I am willing to donate the price of the work.

Thank you very much!

Hello David.

Would it be possible to add a function into the "window menu" or "tools menu" in the "acoustical power" window to plot a graph of 1Watt of real power input (not apparent power) versus SPL? It shows very informative outcomes. For many, unexpected ones. It has been an awesome tool to determine power relations, efficiency relations and such for me. I always plot it in excel by acquiring single datapoints, and it is horrible repetitive work. Depending on the possibilities, I am willing to donate the price of the work.

Thank you very much!
Isnt that what you get, if you double click Eg in the input window? You can select power in watt and impedance in ohm, and get the calculated voltage result for your simulation.

Oh, i see, what you are talking about.
Mathematically its pretty simple...
P=U²/R
So in other words
U²=P*R

So since you want P=1w, you want a plot for the SPL, having the voltage the square root of your impedance.
But yeah, thats the repetetive work you are doing with your sheet...got it.
+ Cosinus Phase angle or rather reverse, as I need 1Watt real power locked, and whatever apparent power based on the cosine function of the phase angle. Depends on how the equation would gain elements for the math.

At the moment, I need to read impedance, phase angle, get voltage for 1W, put the voltage into the simulator, and read the SPL datapoint. Very tedious.

The outcome is eyeopening though.

Would it be possible to add a function into the "window menu" or "tools menu" in the "acoustical power" window to plot a graph of 1Watt of real power input (not apparent power) versus SPL?
Hi Crashpc,

I'm not sure if it gives you what you want (as it plots frequency versus SPL rather than power versus SPL) but the Maximum SPL tool can be used to specify a constant 1 watt input, as shown in the attachments.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Yes, frequency versus SPL is what´s needed. Just to clarify....

Yes, the recommendation of maximum power tool is very helpful, yet little more is needed. This is apparent power. Real power with CosFi (phase angle) is needed for purpose of coil heating aproximations and such. And with my limited Hornresp knowledge, some data export of the values would be immense too. To this day I did combined printscreens.

Hornresp Update 5400-220507

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

Ripole folded open baffle loudspeaker designs can now be simulated. See the 'Ripole Folded Open Baffle' section in the Help file for details.

The simplest way is to specify a Ripole is to use the Input Wizard to generate a template design and then modify that design as necessary using the Loudspeaker Wizard.

BUG FIX

The inconsistency in results identified in Post #12,688 has now been fixed. My thanks to grindstone for reporting the problem.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Attach_5.png
    Attach_5.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Thank You
Reactions: 8 users
Hornresp Update 5400-220507

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE

Ripole folded open baffle loudspeaker designs can now be simulated. See the 'Ripole Folded Open Baffle' section in the Help file for details.

The simplest way is to specify a Ripole is to use the Input Wizard to generate a template design and then modify that design as necessary using the Loudspeaker Wizard.

BUG FIX

The inconsistency in results identified in Post #12,688 has now been fixed. My thanks to grindstone for reporting the problem.

Kind regards,

David
That's an incredible update!

Question, if people want to simulate a U-frame dipole, can they just use the H-frame option and change one of the lengths to a small number?

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 1 user