Very HQ power amplifier (Assemblage VII)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Finally some work done in the layout.... would apreciate your comments.

The layout corresponds to the latest sch where I modified the ltp ccs and mirror.

The vas mirror was also modified.

Some caps where added and now the IPS works at 75Vdc while the output at 63Vdc.

Attachments

• P300 layout.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 86
  • P300 sch.pdf
    122.7 KB · Views: 90
  • P300 layout.PNG
    P300 layout.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 319
  • P300 sch.PNG
    P300 sch.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 334
Well, besides the obvious supply traces, I am not sure the usual custom of doing a ground plane is necessary or even useful.

Larger traces mean less resistance, so after I finish a pcb design I go over the whole design again widening the traces I did, and sometimes filling the empty areas with copper from whatever is closer. So I end up with a large copper surface cut by 1 to 2mm "streets" or "rivers".

That allows different position or size for passive components, or even using SMDs or through-hole if you prefer.

When I started doing this I asked around to professional pcb designers, and there was nothing against that, on the contrary.

But maybe someone here has a different opinion here that I would love to listen to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.