VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo Jason and other Interested.
I'm a bit to late with finding YOUR-VSSA Version.
Hope you will find some extraTime to represent next Future a new arranged Version PCB fom this Amplifier???
So i should say i also would build a Amp if Preorder for PCB is Possibility?
Regards.

Hallo Jason and other Interested.
I'm a bit to late with finding YOUR-VSSA Version.
Hope you will find some extraTime to represent next Future a new arranged Version PCB fom this Amplifier???
So i should say i also would build a Amp if Preorder for PCB is Possibility?
Regards.

I've two spare boards of this version.

Attachments

• VSSA Photoview Rev C.JPG
    VSSA Photoview Rev C.JPG
    815.5 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
Quick update on analysis of the buzzing in my build. Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

Found that the power supply is a contributing factor.

A friend tried with his capacitance multiplier PSU - the Mr Evil version. Buzzing is then negligible (ear needs to be next to cone to hear it with his speaker).

He first replaced and reconfigured SPK out and GDN wires. That made no difference.

(And yes I have the incorrect value caps on the Zobel that will need changing once the PSU is modified).

Last edited:
I've two spare boards of this version.

:confused: Should i or not?
Hallo Patrick.
Would take the 2 Jason Boards if possible:D. My handmade Cap Multiplier
shoud be finnished next Time.
Have also in mind the Nico Ras SSA- Version kpl with PSU- but i will do These One's priority.
I also bought your FETZilla's- now in Prozess to finnish them, some miising
Parts must be ordered.
Please PM me about send Money etc.

Regards and nice Weekend. Hagen.

:confused: Should i or not?
Hallo Patrick.
Would take the 2 Jason Boards if possible:D. My handmade Cap Multiplier
shoud be finnished next Time.
Have also in mind the Nico Ras SSA- Version kpl with PSU- but i will do These One's priority.
I also bought your FETZilla's- now in Prozess to finnish them, some miising
Parts must be ordered.
Please PM me about send Money etc.

Regards and nice Weekend. Hagen.

Which parts are you missing ?PM me about the FetZilla

This is my VSSA version and my brother has test it in his recording studio.His opinion was strong tight bass,nice detail and noisless but compaired with his FetZilla compressed treble.Is there a way get rid of the compression.Maybe the bass is to strong compaired the treble.

Attachments

• VSSA Photoview Rev C.JPG
    VSSA Photoview Rev C.JPG
    815.5 KB · Views: 514
Which VAS devices did you use for Q7 and Q9? If you used the KSA1220A / KSC2690A pair you could try the KSA1381 / KSC3503 devices or if you supply voltages are <+/-40V maybe even the BD139 / BD140 pair.

Also, some say my input filter is aggressive so you can make C2 100pF and R4 1KΩ to make it more like the other versions.

I personally suggest the bass performance is quite accurate. Try the input filter change first and different VAS devices after if the input filter change isn't effective.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.