Class i and siblings - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2011, 03:33 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadod View Post
This a great to explain all what is in those circuits, I am very interested.
Damir
No more people interested?
Old 30th December 2011, 05:10 PM   #92
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Think lots of people are interested, but somehow feel's reluctant to post....
I think the way you create non-switching is quite ingenious, but hard to understand.
Old 30th December 2011, 05:23 PM   #93
ontoaba is offline ontoaba  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Stuart View Post
Looking at some modifications of my circuit, I got the impression that not everybody fully understand every detail of the AB2 circuit. Of course, those mods do work (more or less), but as they deviate too much from Class-I and AB2, I think it's more appropriate to post those circuits on a more general thread about sliding bias circuits. For example this one: Variable operating biass output ?

Cheers,
E.
Hi, I am also re introduce my cross management in other thread that ever mentioned at "Variable operating biass output ?" thread, it is fun.

May right or wrong, as I know AB2 is simple cascoded current feedback with that cross connection for smaller current gap, and midle transistors for keeps output not turned off.
Correcting error with rejecting error using NFB. Output is current, thats why additional buffer or driver will increase its gain, but decrease its stability. I see no canceling error method except two different Re values, so almost pure rejecting.
Don't worry I like to learn.

I think that not-turned-off is not reject crossover distortion but little help, and there are many type of non switching, class-i, kendall, nakayama, edmondAB2, kenpeter, nelsonpass, may be many more, i think i have one.

This one reject crossover distortion into 5mV scale.
Attached Images
File Type: png XM4wEC2 Id test.PNG (54.2 KB, 271 views)
Old 30th December 2011, 06:06 PM   #94
Waly is offline Waly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Someone else also stole your baby, as early as 1978: Patent US4145666 - Multistage amplifier circuit - Google Patents

The same topology is described (in the context of mos ic op amps) in:

Rudy G.H. Eschausier and Johan H. Huijsing. "Frequency Compensation Techniques for Low-Power Operational Amplifiers". Kluwar Academic Publishers, 1995.
Old 30th December 2011, 08:01 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Good research, Walter !
So the late Baxandall (RIP) is not the father of that baby.
Bottom line: everything you invent has already been invented.
Oh well.

Cheers,
E.
Old 30th December 2011, 10:58 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Pdf easy downlod: Multistage amplifier circuit

What the use of make simple R-C circuit patented? Anyone will have to place it if needed, even if he never reads books or paper about it has special function or patented. RC could be used in AB2 to cancel its timing error by added a bit HF gain.

BTW: I have many good stuff in my side, also I have very good performance amplifier. and I like duck toy that quack when pressed or hit.
Old 31st December 2011, 01:05 AM   #97
diyAudio Member

Default TMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoaba View Post
Pdf easy downlod: Multistage amplifier circuit

What the use of make simple R-C circuit patented?
Hi Ontoaba,

The virtue TMC (a simple RC network) wasn't obvious to everybody. Only a very few people recognized its potential: about 15dB distortion reduction at 20kHz. In the past, even an expert as D. Self dismissed it as being 'not exiting'. In this regard TMC is very patentable. In the early nineties, I also brought TMC to several expert to their attention, but nobody was interested. The majority (stupidly) thought that such a simple RC thingy could never make such a large difference. Later I brought TMC to a larger audience (this forum) and in the beginning only Bod Cordell saw its virtues. Even now some nuts stubbornly think that TMC is BS. This is why TMC is worth a patent, because it does have commercial value and it's not obvious.

Quote:
Anyone will have to place it if needed, even if he never reads books or paper about it has special function or patented. RC could be used in AB2 to cancel its timing error by added a bit HF gain.
What do you mean by 'timing error'?

BTW, again we are drifting away from the main subject: Class-I and AB2.

Tomorrow I hope to drop my explanation about AB2. It'll take some time as I'm not a writer and English is not my native language.

Cheers
E.
Old 31st December 2011, 03:48 PM   #98
dadod is offline dadod  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Ontoaba,

The virtue TMC (a simple RC network) wasn't obvious to everybody. Only a very few people recognized its potential: about 15dB distortion reduction at 20kHz. In the past, even an expert as D. Self dismissed it as being 'not exiting'. In this regard TMC is very patentable. In the early nineties, I also brought TMC to several expert to their attention, but nobody was interested. The majority (stupidly) thought that such a simple RC thingy could never make such a large difference. Later I brought TMC to a larger audience (this forum) and in the beginning only Bod Cordell saw its virtues. Even now some nuts stubbornly think that TMC is BS. This is why TMC is worth a patent, because it does have commercial value and it's not obvious.

E.
OK, Edmond is not inventor of TMC, but he brought it to attention here to DIY community, almost forgotten art, and I am grateful for that.
Damir
Old 31st December 2011, 09:48 PM   #99
miralin is offline miralin  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hi Edmond&friends
Congratulations and Happy New Year!
Hope in 2012 we’ll have pleasure to talk about basic principles, nonlinearities, etc.
Cheers Mir
Old 1st January 2012, 12:14 AM   #100
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Ontoaba,
What do you mean by 'timing error'?

BTW, again we are drifting away from the main subject: Class-I and AB2.

Tomorrow I hope to drop my explanation about AB2. It'll take some time as I'm not a writer and English is not my native language.

Cheers
E.
The mane "timing error" may be fit in canceling error mechanism, generally we could say "lagging". Just added zero (phase lead) around pole by litle HF gain using RC to ground at inverting input for simplest, or use canceling EC style by added HF from Vdrop to input.

Yes I hope so. Did you ever planned or make that crossconnection transistors to not switched off and work inclass AB instead, I just have this idea and not yet tried it.
Nakayama is using voltage feedback style, I am not try it yet, may be later.

Hide this!Advertise here!