Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2011, 01:12 PM   #411
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio View Post
Hi Lazy Cat (Hi Slovenija)!
I have a few questions about this amplifier.
Is it can replace the bias transistor BC550C with BD139 or some are needed changes?
For the output transistors can be used ate MJ15003/MJ15004?
In the end, I ask you in a few sentences if you are able to explain how this amplifier?
It will be interesting for electronic amateurs!?
thanks and cheers !
Hi there

I will check both Vbe/temperature curve dependency and if OK, than we could use BD139 because of an easier fixation to the main heatsink.

MJ15003/MJ15004 are "strong" enough, have small hFE + gain bandwidth but it would work, though I have never used them in fast CF amp as SSA is.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:30 PM   #412
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juma View Post
That's what happens when we have a thread with 100 schematics and neither of them has a clear, distinctive name...
The best we can do now is to refer to them by post number.
It is basically an educational thread so that's the only way to do it. Maybe you've noticed that when it is the post with schematic published, I put always a different SSA name of the post and the yellow exclamation mark.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:33 PM   #413
radio is offline radio  Macedonia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Hi there

I will check both Vbe/temperature curve dependency and if OK, than we could use BD139 because of an easier fixation to the main heatsink.

MJ15003/MJ15004 are "strong" enough, have small hFE + gain bandwidth but it would work, though I have never used them in fast CF amp as SSA is.
What you propose transistors in TO-3 casse because i have a large refrigerator for this type transistors!
Regards
Old 24th August 2011, 01:43 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

MJ15003/MJ15004 TO-3 devices are conditionally acceptable, if you have them, you can give them a try, but I suggest to use more modern semiconductors for SSA design, because of its essence comming from the bandwidth.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:51 PM   #415
radio is offline radio  Macedonia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
MJ15003/MJ15004 TO-3 devices are conditionally acceptable, if you have them, you can give them a try, but I suggest to use more modern semiconductors for SSA design, because of its essence comming from the bandwidth.
I have MJ15024/MJ15025 that are better?
thanks
P.S.
I expect an answer and the other my questions?

Last edited by radio; 24th August 2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 24th August 2011, 02:12 PM   #416
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

You "expect" or you "hope for some answers".
Which?
Old 24th August 2011, 02:17 PM   #417
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

some seems to think that this fora is purely for information.....others sees it as sharing and contribution....which i guess is the main intent....
Old 24th August 2011, 05:20 PM   #418
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Bigun-AKSA version of SSA: I've started a simulation file to get a feel for how this thing works. I'm not there yet - first incarnation has insufficient gain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigunsSSA.jpg (260.0 KB, 905 views)
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 24th August 2011, 05:31 PM   #419
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

R5-R1 and R10-R6 resistor sets sets the gain....so by increasing R-5 and R 10 you can adjust to the desired gain..
Old 24th August 2011, 07:09 PM   #420
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

I think there are three "tested" schematics here, the L-MOSFET, Michael's (MiiB) BJT version and Andrej's IGBT version.

If I may suggest that Alex would could start a thread where his PCB layout and the associated "tried" schematics are posted for those who want to build and try this superb design for themselves without having to search 400+ posts, but keep that thread totally uncluttered of comments other than PCB layout comments.

Why I am suggesting Alex if he has the time is that he is the only one that has a schematic and BOM that matches up with a PCB on his computer.

Discussions and new ideas remain here on this thread. Any comments on this suggestion?

Regards

Nico

Hide this!Advertise here!