Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DX-Blame Supercharged PCB's

Hello Uncle Charlie,

Any possibility of having the New PCB in pdf format? I am sure there is a lot of DX builders that want to make their own PCB's , like myself. Anyway I can not wait for the group buy. I want to start assembling as soon as possible.:D:D:D

Regards,
Macd:):):)

Yes!...of course!.... i already told Mitchel to do that as soon as possible

He delayed because we were decidind about to lower the drivers and VBE limiter transistor.... we found that a short against the " L " adaptor was possible.

Soon you gonna have it dear Macd.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Moving drivers.jpg
    Moving drivers.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Take a good read in the thread my dear..this was already

Not only posted but also informed in audio narrative.

I would like to ask you, please, in advance to read the entire thread since the first page and also watch the videos suggested...in my signature i use to post links to video with informations too.

You know my dear..i do this way not to be repeating the same subject several time...so..it is written and registered in video...where people can have the informations with me or without me.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Oh! my dear Ferynov...this is such a very long story

Dx Blame ES was considered not stable...was not suggested to friends to build..was considered not very safe.... has not appointment, nor support, nor suggestion...it is a "build it under your own risk"...these parts created problems..they were supressed in the more modern amplifiers...they are not present in the Dx Blame ST, not present in the Dx Blame MKII and not present in the Dx Blame MKII Supercharged.

I use to mention the amplifier had existence because there are several folks that loves the sonics.

To understand the stuff better..because a very long story that will take many pages to write, i do ask you, please, if you have interest and curiosity, to read the Dx Blame ES thread since the very beginning.

regards,

Carlos

Well, if i have not informed...here you have something about power

Dx Blame ES and Dx Blame ST uses 35 to 42 VDC supplies, output power is 50 watts into 8 ohms and 100 watts into 4 ohms loads.

Dx Blame MKII uses also 35 volts supplies, it is for low impedance loads...power is 50 watts into 8 ohms, 100 watts into 4 ohms and it is able to face 3 ohms loads...and the power may reach 180 watts.

Dx Blame Supercharged uses 55 volts supplies, can put out 100 watts rms at 8 ohms and 200 watts at 4 ohms.... not good for lower impedances than 4 ohms for safety reasons.

All them uses the same board.

regards,

Carlos

It is so difficult to talk about power!

Because it is a non precise thing.

Power informed depends on the supply voltage..if stays in 35 you will have the power informed..if the voltage drop, then you will have less power....if you accept some distortion, then the power can be much higher.

So, power is just a reference.... something not very important unless you have non sensitive speaker and you need extra energy to move them.

When you increase or decrease power in 50 percent... no one perceive that..human ears does not perceive...so...it is just a reference..that serves to avoid you to burn your speaker.

Other trouble is that also does not help too much to select speakers.... a 100 watts speaker will have a 60 watts woofer, a 30 watts midrange and a 10 watts tweeter....but you 100 watts amplifier is able to put out 100 watts in high frequencies...so...tweeter will burn if you inject into input a sinus generator adjusted in 15 kilohertz or higher and full power.

Much worse than that is the fact the speaker are not in rms watts... they are in something strange alike IHF specifications.... twice or more than twice the real thing.

So..if you know your power..then you do not know your speaker...and if you know your speaker, not knowing the supply voltage drop you realise you do not know your power...if you do not know your power...why to bother about speakers?... and if you do not bother about speakers... or cannot bother about..cannot worry about...why to bother about amplifier power?

heheheheh:)..confused thing... i hate to talk about that stuff...means a lot of untrue things.

And by the way, do you know the power you perceive as maximum?.. some guys does not listen distortions..and they use to measure (I was testimony of that..i could be present in something alike that) a much more louder volume than the clipping threshold..so.... what is the power you perceive as maximum?... is it 100 watts of my amplifier or you start to perceive distortions when the amplifier is playing 150 watts..or sucking the same energy from the supply a 150 watts amplifier can drain?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
My dear Dexter.... this amplifier have beated all amplifiers i have ever listened too

This includes all my previous models.

No chance to HRII
No chance to Precision 1
No chance to DHR Turbo
No chance to Fokker
No chance to Troyan
No chance to Trust
No chance to the Dx Amplifier

I have compared...and send shame on them... the one could not be too much ashamed was Troyan with some secret modifications i do not want to publish opened to everybody..only to confirmed guarantee builders..the ones have started and prove that are building with pictures and audio playing...then i will forward them the modifications if they write a document saying will not show, will not publish, will not rent, will not borrow, will not let people see schematics and will not let people open to see what is inside.

I will not teach some arrogant enemies i have...will not inform them. the tips and tricks i have discovered...they do not deserve because do not respect me.

The HRII has also some similarities in the fact can play loud without too much distortion..observe the HRII schematic that has something alike....or more than 70 percent alike the Dx Blame models.

Precision is a bass machine.... Dx Blame is a flat machine...more interesting to treble than to bass.

The board is ready..no modifications anymore, also i do not like resistances stand up

Yes, you can use 2SC4793 if you want.

If you like the Precision..then you will not like it anymore after build this one.

Sadly..these things happens...reason why i am informing friends, in a repeated way, several times and in two three threads, the below paragraph:

- "If you have an amplifier you love, the one is pretty, famous, and expensive..the one you made sacrifices to buy..then DO NOT BUILD THE BLAME...your former amplifier, the previous one, the one is pretty, famous and expensive, will not be used anymore"

To be more an more clear:

-"Will become absolutely intolerable and impossible to hear another
amplifier than the Dx Blame ES, ST, MKII and Supercharged
or some other good designs inspired in Doctor's Self Blameless
"

Of course i could not listen all world amplifiers..if you find one that matches the Blame, or beat the Blame..send me imediatelly the schematic because i gonna build it instantaneously to check this here... but in advance do a fair A to B comparison, using the most modern techniques, a controled and blind test.

I have written that several times...and i have signed all posts i said that.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.