Geared wheel for Phillips CD850-MK2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Today my Phillips CD850-MK2 CD player wouldn't open the tray door and I found out the plastic gear inside has been broken.

I've searched the forum and part number 4822-522-33192 is the replacement part for Phillips player CD951 and CD931.

I like to know whether the same part can be used to fix my CD850 MK2.

If it's okay , I like to know if I have to contact Dutchwest Parts for ordering. The name of the company was also found through this forum. When I contacted local Phillips support center this morning, I was told that the part is not availalble and can not be ordered.

Any help would be appreciated..

Reply from Dutchwest

Following is a mail I received from Dutchwest Parts for my query on part number.

------------------------------- From Dutchwest ----------------------
Hello,

With reference to your recent message. Although we are not technical at Dutchwest, we do have access to Philips Service Software, the part number you quote is linked against Philips models 930/940/950/931 and 951, but not against CD850. Sorry I can't be of more assistance to you, unless you are able to supply the position number that this particular wheel is positioned at within the product(this is normally a four digit reference)?

I've sent a new request to Dutchwest with a new part number for CD850.

Also I've been notified by one diyAudio member that CD850 is based on CDM4 not CDM9. Can somebody tell me whether the gear for CDM9 is plug compatible with the gear for CDM4 ? The reason I am asking this is that the gear for CDM9 is available through alternate channel in case the part for CDM4 is not available through Dutchwest channel.

TDA1540 said:
Maurice,

you need this one

4822 528 81329

Correct. ;)

Your philips cd850 uses a CDM-4/19 mechanism. Apart from that, it have nothing to do with the gear. Various models use the same CDM, but different tray loading mechanisms and different gears.

Also, the rubber belt isn't going to last forever. You might as well order one of these too while you have their attention.

4822 358 10115

The CDM-4 alone looks like this and is used in various models and qualitys of drives.

Attachments

• cdmsmall.jpg
    cdmsmall.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,219
Rotel also.

Hi ,
I found this in my Rotel RCD855 player. The Philips part broke and I bought one from Singapore Philips service a few years ago.
The Rotel one is made of different plastic ( white) and seems to last forever.
I also found this in the local market recently for a really silly price.
Want me to send you some by air mail ? If it doesn't work well you can throw it away , it's that cheap ! I'll check again to see if dimensions are identical.
Cheers,
Ashok.

We get plenty of rubber belts here. May not be as good as Jap ones but they last long enough. They cost about US$0.10 each !
At that price , a 2 year lifetime would be fine. In cold weather it must last much longer. Our ambient is about 31 to 35 deg C most of the year.

I've received a reply from Dutchwest saying the part is no longer available. Following is a copy of the reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

The part number you quote once again is not linked against model CD850 according to Philips System, however, I have checked it as an independent spare and it shows as being no longer available. Sorry I don't think we are going to be successful in our search.

Customer Care Manager
Dutchwest Distribution Ltd
West End Estate, Haltwhistle, NE49 9HA

Re: Rotel also.

ashok said:
Hi ,
I found this in my Rotel RCD855 player. The Philips part broke and I bought one from Singapore Philips service a few years ago.
The Rotel one is made of different plastic ( white) and seems to last forever.
I also found this in the local market recently for a really silly price.
Want me to send you some by air mail ? If it doesn't work well you can throw it away , it's that cheap ! I'll check again to see if dimensions are identical.
Cheers,
Ashok.

We get plenty of rubber belts here. May not be as good as Jap ones but they last long enough. They cost about US$0.10 each !
At that price , a 2 year lifetime would be fine. In cold weather it must last much longer. Our ambient is about 31 to 35 deg C most of the year.

Hi,

My CD850 MKII also has it eject motor wheel broken, may i know where you found it? I'm from Singapore also.

TIA.

Secrete service tip no. 67

The cheapest way to do this as I'v done with many gears that are impossible to get, is to buy a few different make battery clock mechanisims you know the ones they are a couple of dollars that run off 1 AAA battery in op shops and electronic parts shops, pull them to pieces and they have numerous gears inside and you will find one with the right pitch and diameter, and with a little diy you will be able to replace your gear wheel on the cheap.

Cheers George

Ghianni said:
Hi all,

You may find one in *bay on this # 160090901274.

the seller asking for US$33!!! pardon me but thats daylight robbery!

i guest georgehifi is right, all we need is to find a wheel that have the correct gear teeth with the tray, the rubber band comes in numberous size, each cost less than a quater.

too bad i have lost the broken wheel, or else i could just pass it to the local electronic shop and get it with just a few dollar.

Hi Epos, go to Sim Lim tower 2nd floor at 1 of the corner shop. they sell gear for CD850 type and CD950 type. I think both are between S$5-10 if I remember correctly.... still see them displaying at their shop last week... Just ask around..... By the way if you need also CDM12 or CDM9 you will be able to find them there as well..... Both <S$20.......

kst said:
Hi Epos, go to Sim Lim tower 2nd floor at 1 of the corner shop. they sell gear for CD850 type and CD950 type. I think both are between S$5-10 if I remember correctly.... still see them displaying at their shop last week... Just ask around..... By the way if you need also CDM12 or CDM9 you will be able to find them there as well..... Both <S$20.......

Hi KST,

I went to SLT this morning, couldnt find any of the shop selling it. had asked a few shops that sell tiny electrical motor, optical drive spare parts, none of them understand what i was taking about--CDM4 transport.

could you be more specific? like which direction from the speaker repaired shop, what they mainly selling, etc. Thanks. :)

I came across this thread again.
I had picked up two gears from our local market and offered to get some more. However on my next trip the gears seemed to be out of stock. I haven't been to the market for a long time.
Will check it out . It costs about S$2/- for each .

Cheers.

I came across this thread again.
I had picked up two gears from our local market and offered to get some more. However on my next trip the gears seemed to be out of stock. I haven't been to the market for a long time.
Will check it out . It costs about S$2/- for each .

Cheers.

Attachments

• philips gear.jpg
    philips gear.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 682
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.