5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST

August 23rd in the usual place. (up the mountain in Victoria, BC)

Some people have been making this a weekend long affair so we expect some people to arrive Friday night and not leave till Sunday -- Terry don't be shy this year :) (and the ones that show up as much as a week early get to help in the preparations)

Jesse says the timing should be such that fresh Alert Bay salmon will make an apperance and Cal insists on cooking it this year.

We'll have a 4th listening area set up, and are planning to have a "blind" (as in speakers behind a blind) for people to compare EnABL vrs not. We should also have some more interesting amplifiers this year, and will work to make the supports for sound room 3 solid enuff to be able to spin some vinyl.

dave

PS: please feel free to post a link here from other forums.

Attachments

• ibone-mtn-map.gif
    ibone-mtn-map.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,078
blue934 said:
sounds great, i'll be there. do i need to pre-register or is this a casual 'just show up' event?

blue934

this is probably enough notice - be advised that parking can get a bit tight, and it's definitely BYOB (bring your own blanky)

sorry boys, tiger torches & fireworks restricted this year - there's always Ed's Hornfest for that

abzug said:
Can I come? I can't swim but maybe for once the ferry won't sink.

I even wrote a haiku:

Thank you for wasting
The best years of my life
Three legged device

it's only the overnight / north / south boats that we need worry about.

(there's hardly enough elapsed time on the Tsawwassen / Sidney run for the crew to get dangerously involved in their distractions )

planet10 said:

Sure -- at least 3 others from Canada are coming over on the boat.

dave

for those not familiar, some residents of the Island consider themselves citizens of an independent country - for us Vancouver is the "big smoke"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.