Reflektor-D builds

Hi,
I wanted to use Refleltor-D as power source for the reclocker Potato PO74G374A.
See DATASHEET.
So I set:
Vout as 3,25V DC (one green LED and JFET 2SK117GR (IDSS=3.8mA) in R6 position)
and R1=2.57ohm.
With a dummy resistor I can measure 3.25V DC on REF-D output. However when I connect Potato reclocker to Ref-D output voltage drop to 2.8 V DC. I've checked with other 3.3V Reflektor-D and is the same - change voltage from 3.3V to 2.8V...
Why is this happening?
Is this because the current consumption by the Potato PO74G374A is low?
How could I fix this to receive about 3.3V DC vout?
Thanks,
Bern

Try two wire mode also in case its about some oscillation
Thanks Salas.
I will try two wire mode with my 3.3V ref-D soon and check if target voltage change significantly when I switch from testing/dummy resistor to target circuit with Potato PO74G374A.

Now I have other issue... I am going to use 4x5V DC Ref-D to supply DAC chips.
I need +5V and -5V separately for digital and analog part (so four Ref-D in total. Its crazy I know ;)).

I set one green and and orange LED and Jfet in R6 with about 3.5mA for all four Ref-Ds.
(This configuration gives me normally 5V Vout).

Dac chips needs:
+VCCD 8mA
-VCCD 80mA
+VCCA 60mA
-VCCA 40mA

So for +VCCD, +VCCA, -VCCA I use R1=3.1 ohm and for -VCCD R1=2.1ohm

Additionally for all four Ref-Ds I use RR=33ohm and J1 2SK117GR with IDSS=2.8-3.1mA.

Unfortunately I don't reach target Vout =5V. If I use R1=3.1 Vout in is actually about 4V and LEDs don't shine.
What should I change? R1 or J1 with higher IDSS and RR?
Or maybe should I investigate something before?
Thanks,

Try two wire mode also in case its about some oscillation
Astonishing...
When I switched from the four wire to two wire mode Vout is I expected e. g. about 3.3V DC and not 2.8V (I observed with four wire mode).
One thing puzzles me: relatively long distance (about 20cm) between Ref-D and 'power receiver'. How could I reduce adverse effect of the electromagnetic field in two wire mode...? Coaxial cable?
Regards,

this thing:
index.html

which leg is positive?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
im building this for amareno USB @ I2S. the specs say 0.602 Watt at full load at 5 volts VCC so i estimate 0.12 A at max. but i dont have a 1ohm resistor. is it ok to use a 1.5 ohm?
for R1

For 0.12A load even 1.5R seems way wasteful because it will allow 0.4A CCS. 3R for 0.2A seems better. Two 1.5R in series if not having a 3R handy.