Reflektor-D builds

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If the sense wires aren't making contact and closing circuit there will be no current in the voltage reference components. But the Mosfets should both warm up. After you check the wires with the DMM in continuity mode, also check the Mosfets and the transistors working voltages. Good working Mosfets must be showing few Volt VGS between their gate and source outer pins and good working small transistors 0.6-0.7V between their base and emitter pins. The particular output Mosfet is low VGS type so it should show about half or less than half VGS than the input Mosfet's.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It would take much modification to set that up. BiB in two wire mode with both Mosfets IRF9530 is better suited for your required voltage setting and power sinking. Computers have sudden peak demands to be met, make sure you measure its real peaks during boot and pressure use not to set the CCS limit below and the computer will freeze or reset. If you will power it from a bench supply its current measuring display will show. Else you would need to devise an adapter socket and wires method for looping its brick PSU power feed through your DMM in 10A range series mode to watch and record the peaks. NUCs are good I use myself a Skull Canyon.

It would take much modification to set that up. BiB in two wire mode with both Mosfets IRF9530 is better suited for your required voltage setting and power sinking. Computers have sudden peak demands to be met, make sure you measure its real peaks during boot and pressure use not to set the CCS limit below and the computer will freeze or reset. If you will power it from a bench supply its current measuring display will show. Else you would need to devise an adapter socket and wires method for looping its brick PSU power feed through your DMM in 10A range series mode to watch and record the peaks. NUCs are good I use myself a Skull Canyon.

Skull Canyon looks very cool.
How about the Vref and output capacitors in Bib.
Use MKT for Vref? and use Zobel at output?

Thank you.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
220uF 35V Vref electrolytic filter capacitor. 2Wire mod at the connector and electrolytic termination not Zobel. Keep it cheaper simpler and more filtered, because its for a computer. It will have high average to pk spare current ratio and must be robust. New to be shipping soon Hades Canyon is a vapor chamber cooled performance monster for 1.2 liters box at double the price. But I don't play games. Intel Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK Review | Digital Trends

Joined 2006
Paid Member
REF D also has spot for 2SK880GR for J1 which is still available with Mouser. You need delicate hands and eagle eyes to work with the smaller SMD Jfet, but it is do-able.

I also used the 2SK880GR in the not the position (QX03) on a BIB board as well using adapter boards off ebay. The IDSS tends to run high on those buggers if I remember correctly.

The PF5102 looks to have a different pinout as well.
If you have authentic 2SK117GR, start hoarding them.