Reflektor-D builds

reads 8.24V at output while is was aiming for 3.3. also it is no very stable and the output voltage kinda slowly drifts down to 8.20 and lower after a few seconds.

xGEhllxl.jpg

1 - is the transformer wired correctly? ity has two sets of red/black inputs and i just randomly used one set.

2 - i just also randoemly used one set of outputs (blue-green)

Dp9BlN1l.jpg

3 - the LED does not lighht up

yqxnYxXl.jpg

4 - darn :(

There should be a transformer wire colors diagram for your model. Is it an Antek? AS-0509 - 50VA 9V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp

Also check your soldering for bridges (shorts between adjacent pads) or a missing joint. Maybe a LED2 jumper-link isn't well done by the way?

this is a general question not related to this particular transformer: should i connect the red to red and the black to black from the two inputs? why is there even two inputs?

there is a purple single wire what should i do with that?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
this is a general question not related to this particular transformer: should i connect the red to red and the black to black from the two inputs? why is there even two inputs?

there is a purple single wire what should i do with that?

In USA you should connect black+black red+red and then each color pair to the mains socket so to have both primaries in use for full VA transformer spec at 115 VAC. There are two to can configure in series for 230 VAC countries. Purple is a shield you can connect to mains earth.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Check that your LED1 is correctly oriented. Did it ever shine? OK you wrote it did not in the previous page. So check it with a 9V battery via wires briefly touching its pads and altering polarity as it is sitting soldered (but with the mains power off). If it will shine the (-) is cathode. See if its where it should be (cathode toward LED2). If it will never shine in either polarity the LED is dead.