Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Daphile errors

Last night I tried a new Atom processor and I love the sound. But the tracks continually stop playing after about 30 minuter or so.

This is the log I've collected from my system.

Based on this information, is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a setting I should change?

Thanks,

Joel

[15-02-23 02:45:45.0593] main::init (370) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1412339210.fw1410042016, Sat Oct 4 04:15:54 UTC 2014) perl 5.018002 [15-02-23 02:50:53.0145] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed [15-02-23 02:50:53.0174] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed [15-02-23 02:50:53.0202] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed [15-02-23 04:03:07.3160] main::init (370) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1412339210.fw1410042016, Sat Oct 4 04:15:54 UTC 2014) perl 5.018002 [15-02-23 04:03:16.3611] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (422) errorNeedsClient: 5a:af:96:13:bd:54, displaystatus, subscribe:showbriefly [15-02-23 04:03:16.3752] Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (422) errorNeedsClient: 5a:af:96:13:bd:54, displaystatus, subscribe: [15-02-23 04:08:14.9319] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed [15-02-23 04:08:14.9979] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed [15-02-23 04:08:15.2501] Slim::plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed

Daphile settings for Schiit Loki DSD DAC

Hi, has anybody succeded in making the Loki working with Daphile?

If so, please post the correct setting for Daphile.

I recently bought the Loki but cannot make it working with Daphile; it is not faulty since I positively tested it under Windows.

Thanks, anybody helping :)

Not sure anyone has encounter this or have mentioned this, but the recent versions of daphile, some how it will not recognised some of the music files. So far i notice it on dsf files. Rescan does not help. Open the music folder, the folder is there but it will be empty. When i revert to older version (sep 2014), the files are back there again after scanning. I try changing the tags does not help.

Any idea what can be done ? Else i just stay with the old version for the time being...

Why does Daphile need a 2GB local drive for installation?
I have grabbed recently HP Thin client with 512MB Apacer 44pin SSD Flash drive, which served for Windows XP embedded (internet caffe machine). Tried Daphile on it via USB flash stick boot, and it worked fine, but I would really like to use my local built in flash SSD drive for Daphile system.
I am finding that Daphile 32bit image file is weighted as low as 186MB, so my question would be: Is there any chance that Daphile could be tweaked so it can be installed od 512MB local storage?
Thanks for any advice,
BR, Alex

Sorry to trouble you guys,

Has anyone tried out on Daphile an Aztech WL572USB usb wireless adapter which uses a Ralink RT5370 chipset?

At present, getting wireless networking to work is a bit of a hit and miss issue; as the Daphile site does not maintain a list of USB wifi adapters that are recognised. (No offecence intended to Kipeta, who I consider a great guy for having provided us with a fantastic piece of software free) .

I am increasingly finding it in Malaysia difficult to get older USB adapters with Ralink chipsets that are supported on Daphile.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mllum

It is extremely difficult to create a black-box device supporting all hardware available out-of-box. Yet it is possible to make vast majority of hardware work - e.g. https://wiki.debian.org/rt2800usb . There will always be the tiny bit missing which is actually trivial to add - all you need is access to your device shell. Unless shell/ssh is enabled on this distribution, this thread will be full of vane complaints about unsupported hardware noone will be able to help with.

Phofman,

I accept the validity of your comments. However, I would like to clarify, the slight misapprehension of my posting.

I have not proffered any complaint; nor do I seek to complain, save that I make the observation that it is increasingly difficult to obtain or purchase USB adapters using older chipsets; which tend to be better supported right out of the box. For example, most 8011.g usb adapters work flawlessly with Daphile.

All I ask and request is for confirmation or the benefit of someone or anyone else's experience for that matter as to whether the Aztech WL572USB with the Ralink RT5370 works on Daphile.

I trust this clarifies my posting; and I remain hopeful that someone on the forum has either had experience with the Aztech WL572USB or the Ralink RT5370 on Daphile.

No offence is intended to any forum members by my posting.

mllum

mllum, by no means do I take your post as any sort of negative. I understand your situation. I am just saying that if this distribution was not a black box (which is legally OK, no GPL states a distribution must provide shell access), problems inevitably occuring (there is no way to make things problem free) could be properly diagnosed and fixed, often very simply.

IMO this is the case with you wireless device which is clearly supported in linux but needs proprietary ralink firmware. Very likely all it would take is copying a few files into /lib/firmware or installing a single package. A few secs on any other linux distribution, impossible on a black box without any access.

+1. I see no reason not to enable ssh.

Well, I wonder if plain GPL (not LGPL) libraries are perhaps used for building the proprietary frontend. If that is the case (no idea without accessing the filesystem :) ), a source code would have to be provided for the derived work.

But I hope it is not the case here.

Of course we could disassemble the image, or even rebuild it with ssh enabled, but honestly I do not care in case of this non-commercial project.

Last edited:
Setting up network drive

I'm looking to try Daphile with a network drive . . . a Synology NAS in this case. I believe that means I would need to use the nfs option in the "storage" section. But I've seen both ip addresses used and server and directory names used to point to the folder(s) to be played.
I need a very simple explanation (i.e. step-by-step) for how to setup the network drive/nas option in Daphile. For example, I don't know where to find the name of my NAS to describe in Daphile.
I'll be very grateful to anyone who can help explain this to me.
Joel

Hello joelha, I'm not an expert but I will try and direct you in the right direction in case you haven't got it working yet.

1. open Synology Assistant and it will show the i.p. address, note it down.
2. in Daphile Network Drive setup, you select nfs. and enter your i.p address followed by colon slash and the root directory your music is in. (example - 192.168.0.9:/media) The identification area I have 'music'.

My music is on a Netgear NAS, main directory is 'media' with 'music' directory inside.

I am attaching a screenshot of my setup... Dave
screen3-db.jpg

Hi,
I am a newb. with daphile, which in my opinion is a great software and sound quality is amazing.
I have a question for those who know daphile in detail:
I have a USB-PCI internal add-on card in my PC and would like to play to my USB-DAC (Amanero) through this USB card. Up to now I was not able to manage it. I can only play from USB connectors of the motherboard.
Any help will be much appreciated!
Regards
Sigi

daphile and shairtunes

Hello, can someone explain to me how the shairtunes plugin works? I installed it, but don't see any of my airplay devices listed in daphile. Should I see these airplay devices (for example, a B&W Zeppelin Air - I see it as an Airplay option on my ipad so I know it's working) listed in the Audio Player tab on the daphile web page? I'm hoping with ShairTunes, I can "send" music to the zeppelin from the daphile Audio Player web page. Thank you.