Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Try to change ALSA buffer time and period count.. maybe help..

The problem may be hardware.. computer PSU, whether USB DAC has galvanic isolation, how is performed system grounding..

So I trippled the ALSA setting from 100 to 300ms. The static at the beginning and end of the track disappeared. I then set ALSA back to 100ms to see if the static would come back. It did not. But I am leaving ALSA at 300ms.

As I am writing, I heard some static at the end of the track so........... well more experimenting.

If raising the alsa buffer changes the static pattern, it is very likely caused by the software stack. Often adding zero samples when changing samplerate helps (has to be done in the driver but that can be reported to alsa developers and implemented in the official alsa branch). To investigate further you need access to command line. Daphile is gentoo linux with a proprietary web-based interface, installed on embedded-systems layers (squashfs, etc.) In fact it would help to try in any other linux distribution, can be just live CD/USB.

You do not know that for sure, just guessing..

Without proper diagnostics it is always guessing. I hate guessing (trial/error). You cannot diagnose your linux PC without command-line access.

The problem may easily be USB cable, earlier discussed how..

May or may not. If changing alsa buffer size (far away from the physical transmission over the cable) changes the pattern, I would look there. Things do not happen by accident.

Last edited:
Without proper diagnostics it is always guessing. I hate guessing (trial/error). You cannot diagnose your linux PC without command-line access.

May or may not. If changing alsa buffer size (far away from the physical transmission over the cable) changes the pattern, I would look there. Things do not happen by accident.
I do not see why sshd, bash and busybox based shell environment will be bad for Dafile integrity. But it will definitely improve ability to diagnose problems by those who capable to do it. Even my Samsung TV has shell access (not that I ever used it).

Hallo guys, I'm using Daphile installed on an usb flash connected to a mini computer (Acer Revo) and i'm very happy with the sound quality.
I have few doubts that i want to share with you.
Is there any difference if i install Daphile into a partition on the internal sata hard drive (mainly sound quality or performances differences)?
The only issue that i have is when i use the sleep (suspend) option. Basically the computer goes in sleep mode but when it wakes up i cannot use it. I don't have any other option than unplug the power cable because everything is freezed.
I assume that this happens because the usb flash cannot store the ''suspended informations'' but i would like to hear your opinion about this.
Power off and wake on lan is working fine...

Thanks

Google https://www.google.cz/search?client...&gfe_rd=cr&ei=yBTJVOqBHYjDVPWXgIgE&gws_rd=ssl reveals there are problems with usb ports after waking up acer revo from suspend. Again, you would need command line access to further investigate.

It all comes down to a single result again - there is no way to make a black box work on any hardware automagically. A way of troubleshooting and subsequent fixing is necessary.