Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

For the first time in many, many months, I am considering going back to a default Mint installation and using Clementine (with Android remote app). Why? Well, I often find myself frustrated with some things in Daphile. Lack of availability of plugins is one of them. Then there is the fact that Daphile relies so heavily on tags. If something is not correctly tagged, it simply doesn't show up in the list. There is a file/folder browser mode, but it is slow and cumbersome.

I really like many aspects of Daphile, but I think I need to switch things up to remind me why I deal with these frustrating things.

I fully agree, the management of the library Daphile is the thing I hate the most
(problem with .cue, problem with cover etc...),
For people like me, uses only the WAV files, it is a huge problem, and WAV files can not be tagged.
with Foobar, instead, the same library and no problem. Why you can not have with Daphile, a library management functional as in Foobar ?

P.S.
Sorry for my bad English

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hey guys, I sent email to Mr. Kimmo of Daphile, the answer was:

"Thanks for your message and contacting Daphile. I'm currently on a long round-the-world trip and won't be back until August. During the trip I'll take some vacation also from Daphile and I won't be replying the messages – sorry for that."

Hello
I have started using Daphile for a few days now.
I use a Intel NUC with celeron.
Before i have used some other clients, Logitech touch, Rpi with picoplayer and Squeeze on Arch,
LMS is on a synology nas and has not changed.
I have some strange actions in the playlist:
When i add a song via play next, it does not come directly after the current playing song. There is 1 song kept inbetween (Sometimes 2).
when i delete that song from playlist... it is played anyway and after that the inserted song is ignored and does not play. very weird
Very hard to select songs that i like to listen to this way...
Also, when the last song in the playlist is playing and i add a full album (add to end) it does not play. playlist stops al last song. first song of new album can be manually started.

Did a full rescan of library but diddn't solve the issue.

Last edited:
i noticed a strange behavior when setting the spindown time for the internal hdd. if i set another value then "Disabled" the hdd stops and starts spinning permanently. i guess that there's a bug in the time settings and the hdd stops spinning after the selected time in seconds not in minutes.

Another Problem is the locaL UI, i can't control it complete with keyboard nor with an MCE Remote. Some Funktions work, others don't. Without the possibility to redifine the Keys it's (at least for me) impossible to use the local UI.

sorry for the bad english

cheers

Hi,
I just have a question about the management of the DSD by Daphile does not seem to be able to handle the " Native real " without DoP . Indeed, with such a DSF64 or 128 or I do not check DoP and I have a PCM conversion (bad) or I have my DoP checkmark to DSD encapsulate a PCM ( It's better ), but no native DSD without go through the DoP while my Dac ( TEAC UD- 501) can do, why?
When I use the TEAC Player , I am real native , so if windows can do Daphile why not ? Is it a question of Linux kernel ? ALSA ? Squeezelite ?
By installing your 15.03 and 3.19 , I thought past natively but it is not so ...

Sorry for the google trad but....:confused:

Thks Phofman,
Technically yes, but I 'm not sure there is a quality sound including gain dynamic on the real native ....
Unlike the TCP-IP verifying that the information transmited have arrived , the PCM can not do that ...
If newly integrated alsa ca should follow in squeezelite and Daphile , right?

Last edited:
Thks Phofman,
Technically yes, but I 'm not sure there is a quality sound including gain dynamic on the real native ....
Unlike the TCP-IP verifying that the information transmited have arrived , the PCM can not do that ...
If newly integrated alsa ca should follow in squeezelite and Daphile , right?

I wanted to say,
Technically, yes .... but I seem to hear a dynamic difference in favor of the "native pure " ... Basically , it always bothers me when you touch a sound file ....
If newly integrated alsa and that should follow in squeezelite and Daphile , right?

Last edited:
DoP is basically the same as native DSD, just describing the DSD stream with PCM format identifier and adding an extra marker byte each 16 bits of the DSD stream. The actual DSD data are left intact.

Both streams get split and wrapped into USB frames, there is never nothing like "not touching the sound file". What counts is the resultant bitstream entering the DSD DAC chip. And that is identical with native DSD and DoP. No room for any data changes. Only DoP works with the legacy PCM intrastructure (of course configured to be bit-perfect), while native DSD requires adding the DSD format specifiers to the sound layer.