RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been testing RaspyFi as a WiFi Airplay receiver connected to an ODAC. Works perfectly with iTunes and 16/44 ALAC files :)

(1) Does alsamixer volume operate the internal hardware volume control in the ODAC or is it using its own software volume control?

(2) Any commands to check which volume control is being used?

Regards,
tppc

Yep, sorry for the absence...
I'm here... You made me think that it should be useful maybe to split the threads, since we are now talking about Volumio and not raspyfi. Could the mods separate the threads creating a new one for Volumio?
And which question you wanted to be replied pinocchio?

Hi mikelangeloz,

I wanted to know if this was by design or a bug or me just not doing it right but here's the question

I have a few files that won't import in the library, all my m4a (ALAC) won't import and my DSD (DSF 128) won't either but the DSD 64 will, those files and folders are just ignored. If I force a second update, it creates the folder structure for those albums but the folders are empty.

Other than this, it plays really well!

Also, do you know if those boards are supported under Volumio?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/247949-fs-exd-32bit-384khz-dsd64-dsd128-usb-receiver.html#post3777545

Thanks
Do

They should work, if they are based on XMOS or they are USB Class 2 compliant there should be no probs at all.
Which version are you using? If you're using the beta1 then its normal, on beta1.1 you should see all the files...
If this is not working, I'm preparing an updated version which should solve your issues. Did you tried playing your 64 DSDs? How was the result?

They should work, if they are based on XMOS or they are USB Class 2 compliant there should be no probs at all.
Which version are you using? If you're using the beta1 then its normal, on beta1.1 you should see all the files...
If this is not working, I'm preparing an updated version which should solve your issues. Did you tried playing your 64 DSDs? How was the result?

DSD 64 sounds fantastico! I had some people over last night, they wanted to listen to the system and they were really impressed by Volumio. I actually started a thread on my forum (French forum) about using Volumio, compatible devices, etc... A few people already are very interested about the project.

What is the next update and when will it be ready? I'm asking since updating to 1.1 is useless if the update will be in a few days. In the update, does the radio stations show up in mPod client?

Thanks
Do

Radio stations are meant to be handled only via integrated WebUi. Then I don't have any date for the upcoming version... So your best bet as of now is update to 1.1

Perfecto! I will install the 1.1 Beta and test it. Is there a way to retain settings or it is flush and reconfigure? There's not much to configure anyways but I'm lazy... :D

Thanks for everything, keep up the excellent work!

Ciao!
Do

A few pops

Volumio is most excellent, great work.

I'm using it on a rpi with a usb dac and a usb harddisk (not a good thing on the rpi). It plays fine (only have tried it to 96/24), but I get an occasional pop/click during playback. Is it any better not attaching a usb drive and using a nas or nfs mount? I have to mention that my rpi is an older type b (256mb no i2s port). Will overclocking it make any difference with the pops/click?

I'm getting an udoo board, but want to test the rpi for a bit more.

Hi Mikelangeloz,

Any news on the fix for I2S on the beta 1.1 version of Volumio?

I tried downloading the beta 1.0 from SourceForge but every time I use Winrar to unzip it says that the image file is corrupted! I am currently stuck with no I2S and no way to get my TDA1541A DAC to work.

Look forward to your comments.
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.